why do my galleries change on their own.

amadeusamadeus Registered Users Posts: 2,125 Major grins
edited October 8, 2007 in SmugMug Support
this was uploaded as a 22 page gallery with the view being a 9 thumbnail and one post card sized large picture.

later on when viewing it was a 13 page gallery.

I hate when they are like that and they seem to do that on their own at any given time.

how can I make my galleries always be a 12 thumbnail gallery with a large main picture instead of a small one.

thank you!

gallery: http://nachtflug.smugmug.com/gallery/3600953#204776966

Comments

• scwalterscwalter Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2007
    Here's a thread that tells you how to set a javascript variable to force "smugmug" or "smugmug small" styles.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=66912

SMUGMUG SMALL - VIEWSTYLE
    • Force the viewstyle to be SmugMug or SmugMug Small.
      The 'SmugMug' viewstyle changes between 'SmugMug' (15 thumbs on left, one 'M' image on right) and 'SmugMug Small' (9 thumbs on the left and one 'S' image on the right) automatically depending on the size of your viewport. You can force it to either one if you prefer.
      For 'SmugMug Small':
      Code:
      SM.SmugMug.config.size = 'small';

For 'SmugMug':
      Code:
      SM.SmugMug.config.size = 'large';
    Scott Walter Photography
    scwalter.smugmug.com
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2007
    I think you can now force the smug small style under gallery customization.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
    edited October 7, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    I think you can now force the smug small style under gallery customization.

True, you can force smugmug small, but you cannot force smugmug at all times without using the javascript. If you set it to "smugmug", it will still autosize down to smugmug small when the window gets too small. At least that's how it seems to work on my site.

So, to summarize, this is my understanding of how it works: You can set "smumgug small" under gallery customization and it will always be 9 thumbs and one small picture. You can set "smugmug" and it will autosize betwen "smugmug small" and "smugmug" with 15 thumgs and a medium picture. If you want it to always be "smugmug" with 15 thumbs/medium, you need to use the javascript.

And sorry I didn't read the orignal post too clearly, there are only two styles, "smugmug small" with 9 thumbs and "smugmug" with 15 thumbs. There is no 12 thumb option.

-Scott
    Scott Walter Photography
    scwalter.smugmug.com
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2007
    Scott,

It depends on the screen res or window size. Small window, 9thumbs - large window 15thumbs.

Just wait till we have SmugMungous, it'll be variable thumbs wings.gif
    edited October 7, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Scott,

It depends on the screen res or window size. Small window, 9thumbs - large window 15thumbs.

Correct, unless you use that javascript variable. Try my site, it doesn't autosize, it's always 15 thumbs, which I think is what the OP wanted.

I'm looking forward to smugmungous!! :D Can't wait...
    Scott Walter Photography
    scwalter.smugmug.com
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2007
    scwalter wrote:
    Correct, unless you use that javascript variable. Try my site, it doesn't autosize, it's always 15 thumbs, which I think is what the OP wanted.

I'm looking forward to smugmungous!! :D Can't wait...
    The OP has too many motorcycles to repair, and house renovations, to customize his site or deal with javascript lol3.gif
  • RikkiRikki Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Scott,

SMUGMUNGOUS? Laughing.gif! You're killing me dude! bowdown.gif