Options

Challenge 33 - Composure

FreeUpsFreeUps Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
edited March 6, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hey everyone. Trying to get back into the loop of grinning! Work doesnt permit much time and I've been shooting a lot of film lately. I'm always checking up though!

Challenge 33 - Composure (in a few different senses) :D

16678199-L.jpg

Taken on a Sony DSC-f828. Photo of Dave Doobinin on his debut music video shoot.
No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter

Comments

• Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 3, 2005
    Hey Free: Very cool shot. Lots of contrast but detail still maintained. I can easily see this as a CD jacket. Thanks for sharing. thumb.gif
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 3, 2005
    I've been enjoying high contrast photos lately. Very cool! No comments, submit it! It's original, and shows emotion.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    I've been enjoying high contrast photos lately. Very cool! No comments, submit it! It's original, and shows emotion.
    yeah.. it does..1drink.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    Nee7x7Nee7x7 Registered Users Posts: 459 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2005
    I totally agree! clap.gif This really has a nice feel to it. Excellent B & W work, great comp.
    Enter it...and put in on the CD cover, too! thumb.gif

Cheers!
    ~Nee :)
    http://nee.smugmug.com[/COLOR]
    http://www.pbase.com/rdavis

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried~
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2005
    nicely done. the buttons on the shirt really make the shot, imho.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2005
    fish wrote:
    nicely done. the buttons on the shirt really make the shot, imho.
    15524779-Ti.gif

very awesome! clap.gif
  • Options
    Charlie BrownCharlie Brown Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2005
    killer man. seriously i dont konw who it is, it looks like brian adams, but i dont konw. anyway the dude is obviously concentrating on the music he is playing, the shot is great. again as with the faeries picture, black and white was a superb choice for this shot. great job, bro. keep up the good work.

charlie
    I can only hope to progress to the point of one day being a second rate photographer, wish me luck.
  • Options
    gregneilgregneil Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2005
    one of my favorite shots on dgrin the last few days! I really like the composition - and fish is right about the buttons on the shirt. The microphone / buttons / windows / guitarist make really solid vertical and horizontal lines, and then the guitar and guitar strap counter those lines with some diagonals that draw emphasis to the instrument and his hand on the fret-board. At least, that's what my eyes tell me. I think it's great.
    There's a thin line between genius and stupid.
  • Options
    canonguycanonguy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2005
    Just wanted the opp to kiss up as well. This shot made me stop dead in my tracks. Nice work.thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2005
    Thanks guys. I got a few more to add, some will be of the same subject, some will be of others.

I'm dying trying to keep up with all the threads. Going to be another two hours before I can get a response to everyone. So many members these days, Awesome.
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2005
    Just a few more I thought I would share.

Dave
    17009959-M.jpg

A candid of the director and a grip. Wasn't staged but it definately looks it. I'm liking the composition of this one, yet if I could've staged it, Mr. Director definately would'nt be posing like that. :)
    17010629-O.jpg

17010631-M.jpg

The girl Dave Loses in the video iloveyou.gifne_nau.gif
    17009977-M.jpg

Another of dave
    17010634-M.jpg

Thanks for looking.
    Cheers rolleyes1.gif