Options

Am I doing ok??

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grinsBournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
edited October 8, 2007 in Technique
OK I have been out playing this weekend again

The first picture is a sunset (my first sunset), I have done nothing to the picture apart from rotating it slightly.

sunset.jpg

The second image is of a groyne on a beach with a tyre wrapped round (I thinks the tyre ended there naturally)

post.jpg

I think the sunset picture needs trimming, some of the sea from the bottom of the picture and maybe a little on the right handside.

The post one I think needs a little trimming top and bottom

I do have raw version of both to play with but I have not yet tried as I'm not sure what I'm doing

Regards

Tim

Comments

• Options
    rusticrustic Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    Hi Tim,

I agree with you on the first one, the bottom and right could be trimmed. I'd crop it so that the two boats on the right are gone. You might also want to try playing with the levels to boost the contrast a bit.

For the second one I'd say that you ended up with a subject that blends in pretty well with the background. I think that I would have tried to find an angle where it would stand out a bit more, probably a lower angle with either sky or a building or whatever else might be around. Maybe try converting it to black and white?
  • Options
    leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    #1 Thanks for sharing. I feel it.
    #2 a bit to centered for me. The tire seems to be wrapped around the piling(nice); makes me think that the tire may have been there at conception of the piling. Cool. Makes me think about the 'how'. A crop would probably help me love this shot. Thanks for sharing.
    Growing with Dgrin

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    Well I tried a couple of the suggestions made

Cropped and added contrast

sunset2.jpg

Cropped slightly off centre to move the post out of the centre of the picture

post2.jpg

BW version, don't really like this one, its a bit blue or is it me???

post2bw.jpg

Tim