Canadian Rockies: Lake Louise

CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
edited October 10, 2007 in Landscapes
Weather wasn't perfect for this trip... which was a couple weeks back now. Starting to catch up on processing, etc.

Canoes as abstract:

205229281-L.jpg

205229960-L.jpg

Here's your classic "sunrise shot..." when there ain't no sun :-(

205230434-L.jpg

205230944-L.jpg

Fairmont Lake Louise... home of the $17 sandwich:

205231386-L.jpg

205231869-L.jpg

Icefield Parkway, Jasper, Lake O'Hara, and Moraine Lake to follow over the next few days.

Comments

• davidryandavidryan Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2007
    Mmm....snow....and sandwiches...17 bucks though? Sheesh.

Very nice scenes you've got here-- especially love the pseudo-sunrise.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2007
    What's on those $17 sandwiches? Kobe beef and truffles? headscratch.gif

The aqua of that water coupled with the snow that fades into the sky is great!
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    Hi

Nice Shots.

I wonder if our trips overlapped at all. We (Skippy, Gluwater and Phyxius) were at Louise on the 22nd. Also a snowy day.

And as for expensive food, well yup, the national parks and especially the original CP Hotels, are $$$$$. Kinda like Hawaii or Disney - captive audiences pay more.

ann
  • CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Hi

Nice Shots.

I wonder if our trips overlapped at all. We (Skippy, Gluwater and Phyxius) were at Louise on the 22nd. Also a snowy day.

And as for expensive food, well yup, the national parks and especially the original CP Hotels, are $$$$$. Kinda like Hawaii or Disney - captive audiences pay more.

ann

We arrived at Lake Louise on the 22nd. The first couple shots were from that afternoon, when there was some sun (but the "classic" shot isn't possible as you're shooting straight into the sun).

The shots were the morning of the 23rd. Were you gone by then? I talked to a guy from the UK who was winding up his trip that morning -- he had been on a cruise through Alaska as well and said he got beautiful weather for a couple weeks.
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    We stayed at Baker Creek the night of the 21st, and shot Louise the morning of the 22nd, then headed south through Kananaskis toward Longview. The 22nd stayed clear as we headed south, but over our week through the Canadian Rockies we had equal amounts of clear and overcast. But then that is what you get whenever you travel through mountains that high.

ann
    CatOne wrote:
    We arrived at Lake Louise on the 22nd. The first couple shots were from that afternoon, when there was some sun (but the "classic" shot isn't possible as you're shooting straight into the sun).

The shots were the morning of the 23rd. Were you gone by then? I talked to a guy from the UK who was winding up his trip that morning -- he had been on a cruise through Alaska as well and said he got beautiful weather for a couple weeks.
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2007
    CatOne wrote:
    205230944-S.jpg
    I love this shot. It's a shame we missed each other. It seems like we visited the exact same areas but just missed each other. I've really enjoyed your shots so far.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2007
    Canoes belly up and covered with snow; much different than when I visited. I love the shots! What are mountains without some chill?
    Growing with Dgrin