Options

Rusty Blue

4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
edited March 4, 2005 in Holy Macro
16848685-S.jpg

16848690-S.jpg

Drinks are on me, :1drink since we are a drinking crowd.I would love an opinion..especially on composition..

Comments

• Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2005
    I don't think the pattern is strong enough to stand up as an abstract in the first one but I do like the colours & textures.

I much prefer the 2nd shot, great colours and textures, but this has interesting shapes, lines and patterns too thumb.gif I think you could probably get even more from the colours with a little post work.
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2005
    before you start pouring...we need bigger...bigger!
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2005
    Whoa two mods in one thread. See Angelo it just takes a little booze...

Gubbs thnxs for taking the time .. I agree on the second as well , I increased the saturation a bit.

Fish... and here I was told size doesn't matter...
    I posted one more from these shots.

16855840-M.jpg

16855677-M.jpg
  • Options
    digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2005
    4labs wrote:

Gubbs thnxs for taking the time .. I agree on the second as well , I increased the saturation a bit.

Fish... and here I was told size doesn't matter...
    I posted one more from these shots.

16855840-M.jpg

LOVE THIS!!! iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 3, 2005
    4labs wrote:

:boid
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 3, 2005
    I like these type shots. You did good regardless of what the mods say (they're hacks)

rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2005
    Thnxs Df and Angelo. I apreciate the compliments. Angelo somehow I don't think you have ever been accused of being shy. Keep smiling..:D
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    :boid/PEACE
    not compatible :D
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    :boid

I honestly was laughing out loud when I saw that.

Golden.

Dave
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2005
    dkapp wrote:
    I honestly was laughing out loud when I saw that.

Golden.

Dave
    Wasn't the first time I have been :boid, probably won't be the last..especially when you see me drive..
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2005
    It's great to see you breaking away from the normal comfortable shots and taking some chances with more abstract subjects.

16855677-S.jpg
    This image doesn't do much for me. There is a lot of blue, and not much contrast to give it the character to stand up on its own. I tried this shot in B&W, and Sepia, but that right side doesn't work with either. I think you could re-shoot & really explore it at different angles & compositions. Shooting more from any side will add some dimension to the right side. It will help break up that almost solid color there w/ shadows and a feeling of scale.

16848685-S.jpg]
    This shot has a lot of potential. Good lines & lots of texture. I did a quick high contrast B&W conversion & sepia treatment. I think you could play with the angle of your shot to help make it more dramatic. Straight on is very flat, where an angle could make it 3D & show some great contrast. Lots of potential there.

16855840-S.jpg
    I think you nailed this one. Great composition. It really focus on the lines & textures. I think the increased saturation was a good move too. I'm a sucker for bold pushed colors on a shot like this.

Really great effort & ideas on these shots. I think if you went back & took the time to really explore it, you'd come back with some great shots. Don't be afraid to get down & dirty. I often come back with very dirty & stained clothes to get the shot. The unique angle thats not been done before.

I think it was steve that posted a link to a very good video. The video was about getting the shot, the right answer. If you didn't see it, I can dig up the post for you. Very inspirational stuff that everyone should see.

Dave
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2005
    dkapp wrote:
    It's great to see you breaking away from the normal comfortable shots and taking some chances with more abstract subjects.

16855677-S.jpg
    This image doesn't do much for me. There is a lot of blue, and not much contrast to give it the character to stand up on its own. I tried this shot in B&W, and Sepia, but that right side doesn't work with either. I think you could re-shoot & really explore it at different angles & compositions. Shooting more from any side will add some dimension to the right side. It will help break up that almost solid color there w/ shadows and a feeling of scale.

16848685-S.jpg%5D
    This shot has a lot of potential. Good lines & lots of texture. I did a quick high contrast B&W conversion & sepia treatment. I think you could play with the angle of your shot to help make it more dramatic. Straight on is very flat, where an angle could make it 3D & show some great contrast. Lots of potential there.

16855840-S.jpg
    I think you nailed this one. Great composition. It really focus on the lines & textures. I think the increased saturation was a good move too. I'm a sucker for bold pushed colors on a shot like this.

Really great effort & ideas on these shots. I think if you went back & took the time to really explore it, you'd come back with some great shots. Don't be afraid to get down & dirty. I often come back with very dirty & stained clothes to get the shot. The unique angle thats not been done before.

I think it was steve that posted a link to a very good video. The video was about getting the shot, the right answer. If you didn't see it, I can dig up the post for you. Very inspirational stuff that everyone should see.

Dave
    Thnxs Dave.. this guy isn't going anywhere I will definately head back and shoot from differently angles..
    I'd love that link you mentioned. I didn't catch it..
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2005
    I found the thread.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=5434

It's about 20min & you won't regret it.

Dave
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2005
    dkapp wrote:
    I found the thread.