Options

Gateway to the Sawtooth Mountains.

Travis IngleTravis Ingle Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
edited October 8, 2007 in Landscapes
I went to Stanley, ID for the weekend and had some pretty nice weather considering the time of year it is. It was a mistake on my part going there to see some nice fall colors but what I saw in instead was beyond anything words can describe. As an amateur photographer my images can not even begin to portray the kind of beauty this area has to offer. Anyway, enough talk, here are a few images that only scratch the surface of what this magnificent area has to offer.

Overcast1.jpg

Sunset.jpg

Overcast2.jpg

Sunbathing.jpg

Sunrise.jpg

Comments

• Options
    arroyosharkarroyoshark Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    Beautiful shots ! Your low shooting angle really emphasizes big country. thumb.gif
    Available light is any damn light that's available -W. Eugene Smith
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    Great perspectives and colors! Love #3 and #5! clap.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    I dunno, you're awfully modest. :D I think your photos make the place look as beautiful as can be. thumb.gif
  • Options
    Grizzle6Grizzle6 Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    Wow. Really great use of the wide-angle, and love your inclusing of FG objects in these shots. I'm heading up to Sun Valley on Wednesday, and these just inspired me to make the drive up and over to Stanley for a morning or two.

Just one small nit--you may want to watch your horizons/shorelines on these shots. Some appear just a bit too close to center.
    It's all ball bearings these days...

www.adambarkerphotography.com
  • Options
    Travis IngleTravis Ingle Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    Thanks everyone.

Yes if your near Sun Valley and have time to make it over to Stanley now is a great time. No snow on the ground in town and not many tourists.

I get too excited about a shot sometimes and have a hard enough time getting the shot at least close to level in the viewfinder I often forget about my tendency to make the horizon to close to center. I guess that's one drawback to shooting so close to the ground that even with an angle finder it's still hard for me to get down that low to look through the viewfinder long enough to properly compose the image. I'm not very old but my knees might say otherwise. lol
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,699 moderator
    edited October 8, 2007
    Travis,

I think these are excellent, and I think your horizons are just fine for your images.

Lovely use of foreground objects and DOF. Very nice indeed. You should be proud.thumb.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin