LPS#14 Advice for a beginner...

awa1awa1 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited October 9, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I would like to hear your thoughts, and advice about this picture. I am just getting started in photography, but it's becoming the greatest hobby I have ever been involed in....It's like I want my camera with me every where I go so I don't miss the shot of a lifetime....

Comments

• leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    Very awesome shot!
    Growing with Dgrin

• GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    leaforte wrote:
    Very awesome shot!

15524779-Ti.gif
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    Neat Snake in Motion!
    Awa, thanks for posting and asking for feedback. I think it is a great capture, and one not easily done! I like the blurred body of the snake, it shows motion, and makes the snake seem as if it is coming toward the camera. Two things that I would have preferred, but of course it doesn't always work out that we get what we want: 1) shallower depth of focus (the grass pattern is a bit distracting, 2) a bit more catch/glint in the eyes of the snake. Let me repeat that it is a very neat pic as is, and am not quite sure that at the time you could have made any fast adjustments to the settings!

Thanks for sharing!
    awa1 wrote:
    I would like to hear your thoughts, and advice about this picture. I am just getting started in photography, but it's becoming the greatest hobby I have ever been involed in....It's like I want my camera with me every where I go so I don't miss the shot of a lifetime....
    Exposure Latitude(s).com
    "The temple bell stops but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers." -- Basho
  • JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2007
    Keeper. I think DOF is fine.
    Cave ab homine unius libri
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2007
    Justiceiro wrote:
    Keeper. I think DOF is fine.

15524779-Ti.gif
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2007
    A show stopper. I love it as is.