My 1st Macro Post--Caterpillar

garytgaryt Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
edited October 13, 2007 in Holy Macro
This is my first macro post. icon_biggrin.gif Found a couple of caterpillars and decided it was a good opportunity to try my new 100mm Macro lens. icon_biggrin.gif Eyed Tiger Moth Caterpillar hanging out on a branch. I found sizing the photos harder than taking them. Comments welcome.
Gary
Canon 30D, 28-80mm kit, 100mm Macro, 80-200mm, Kenko Tubes (68mm), 380EX Flash, and a wish list.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/garythompson/

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    Almost looks like a flower head rather than a caterpillar :)- nice shot.

Brian V.
  • remyremy Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    nice shot!
  • patricia kaypatricia kay Registered Users Posts: 206 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2007
    Like this one Gary!

Patricia.........:D
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2007
    garyt wrote:
    This is my first macro post. icon_biggrin.gif Found a couple of caterpillars and decided it was a good opportunity to try my new 100mm Macro lens. icon_biggrin.gif Eyed Tiger Moth Caterpillar hanging out on a branch. I found sizing the photos harder than taking them. Comments welcome.

I am new as well. However, I cannot see the caterpillar. But, I must say if you want to learn about macrophotography, there is only one person to refer to and he is Brian, (Lord Vetinari) He knows the LOT, and no one can equal him and he is so good and polite with everything he does. What Brian has taught me is wonderful so my advice is listen to Brian.
    Bob
    Dumfries & Galloway
    Scotland
  • hgernhardtjrhgernhardtjr Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2007
    canon400d wrote:
    I am new as well. However, I cannot see the caterpillar.

Take another look ... it is the orange and black "flower" that is the caterpillar!
    — Henry —
    Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.