Shot of my girl from today

12201220 Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
edited October 8, 2007 in People
one of my favs.... still have a lot to learn, but if anyone wants to point out all the ways I've gone wrong, I promise I'll use it to get better! : )

Thanks!!205814525-L.jpg
Disclaimer: Just because I have an opinion, that doesnt mean I'm right.

Comments

• DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    It's a nice relaxed portrait of a cute young lady, not bad! It's a tad soft I think though. 1/6 exposure is pretty slow to hand hold without some blur. Next time try bumping your ISO up a bit (you were shooting at 100) and you will automagically get a faster shutter speed (because you were in Av mode).

Another thing to consider: at f2.8 you can get decent background blur (bokeh) to help isolate your subject, but you will need a bit more room between her and the foliage behind her to make this more effective.

Luckily you have a nice model to keep experimenting with!
  • 12201220 Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    It's a nice relaxed portrait of a cute young lady, not bad! It's a tad soft I think though. 1/6 exposure is pretty slow to hand hold without some blur. Next time try bumping your ISO up a bit (you were shooting at 100) and you will automagically get a faster shutter speed (because you were in Av mode).

Another thing to consider: at f2.8 you can get decent background blur (bokeh) to help isolate your subject, but you will need a bit more room between her and the foliage behind her to make this more effective.

Luckily you have a nice model to keep experimenting with!

Thank you! I was experimenting with various settings with ISO and AP as well as full manual. This one just happened to have the best "look". It was sunset and I was fighting with available light. many, many thanks on the c&c
    Disclaimer: Just because I have an opinion, that doesnt mean I'm right.