LPS14 Opinion

GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
edited October 13, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Please let me know if you have a preference between these two images or any C & C. Thanks huge bunches!
Emily

#1 Current Entry
205395866-L.jpg

205874511-L.jpg
Emily
Psalm 62:5-6

Comments

• HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    The second reminds more of the Ents. Looks more like the eyes and mouth are really there, not just imposed on it like a ghost. Also, the second speaks better because of the higher contrast. So it's number two!
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    Man, you sure know how to make my life difficult! rolleyes1.gif

They're both excellent and I can't even begin to choose between them.

I love the concept. thumb.gif You should work on an entire series like this.

The backlit trees on #1 are very attractive. The melancholy expression is very eye-catching.

#2's humorous expression is terrific and leaves room for some fun with the caption.

Either one would be a good choice, IMO.
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    I vote two. I think it makes better use of the character of the tree.
    Growing with Dgrin

• TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2007
    #2 all the way. Creative image!
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2007
    Numero dos! clap.gif Very neat treatment.
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2007
    number 2

better contrast and I agree more like it's really there, face.
    Good thing trees don't really have this feature I would be afraid of the woods.
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2007
    Thank you SO MUCH, everyone, for you very valued opinions!

Emily
    Emily

• TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2007
    Laughing.gif...Love #2...
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2007
    I liked the first when you posted it, but the second version is...Wow. It would be fun to have a behind the scenes on how it was made. I'm quite amazed at the cool Photoshop stuff that folks have done.

paul
    edited October 9, 2007
    I liked the first when you posted it, but the second version is...Wow. It would be fun to have a behind the scenes on how it was made. I'm quite amazed at the cool Photoshop stuff that folks have done.

paul

This is actually the first composite I've done, so it's been a great learning experience for me and fascinating to see an idea come to fruition.

Thanks so much for the comments!

Emily
    Emily

• stirfrystirfry Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2007

paul

My exact sentiments - I always look forward to your pictures, Emily, and your current entry brought a smile to my face. Liked it straight away. But the second one .. WOW .. kicks it up a notch! LOVE it!
    edited October 10, 2007
    stirfry wrote:
    My exact sentiments - I always look forward to your pictures, Emily, and your current entry brought a smile to my face. Liked it straight away. But the second one .. WOW .. kicks it up a notch! LOVE it!

Thank you so much! I may still play with it a tad as I have a couple more tweaking ideas, but it's been really fun!
    Emily

• indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2007
    Both~

Nice work. One of the things I love about this contest is seeing everyone grow in their work. You've really stretched yourself and it shows!

Jesse