LPS #14 Tries

richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
edited October 9, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
These are some initial attempts at LPS #14.

:scratch I'm not sure if the tree is going to be one of those pictures where there is no center of interest and the eye just wanders all over the photo.

:scratch And, I'm not sure if the doors are craggy enough.

Your input is most welcome! Thanks!!

#1 Tree Bark
205902622-L.jpg

#2 Tree Bark (Cropped)
206018209-L-1.jpg

#3 Old Door (Ver. 1)
205903200-L.jpg

#4 Old Door (Ver. 2)
205903586-L.jpg

Comments

• LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2007
    I agree with you about the tree--without a focal point, my eyes do just wander around. Of the two, though, I prefer the cropped one. It gets rid of that flare. It needs more pop and contrast, I think. Could be worth playing around a bit to see what you get.

I love, love, love #3 of the door. It really brings out the "bubbles" in the handle, so fantastic texture. Love the treatment. It might not be craggy enough, as you say, but it is by far my fave of what you're considering. Great job! thumb.gif
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2007
    I love #3 also, really caught my attention. It is a little soft on theme, but great image regardless. On second thought, if "Craggy" is interpreted loosely as texture, then this image definietly has plenty of that!

Emily
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2007
    The trees are a nonstarter. The definition between trees, sky, and leaves is too muddled.

I like the first door shot. How about a macro on some part of that door?
    Cave ab homine unius libri
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2007
    Thanks for the feedback. iloveyou.gif As soon as the weather improves, I'm going to head out and try some other ideas. :D This time I'll bring a tripod with me! rolleyes1.gif