pulled the trigger on a 40d

sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
edited October 17, 2007 in Cameras
...and a grip and a couple extra sterlingtek batteries. :thumb I called up 17th street photo and they verified they had body-only in stock. They said that it will ship this afternoon and I'll probably have it tomorrow. I figured the XT that my wife has been using has earned its keep (a few times over) and needs retirement. Besides, i'm gettnig tired of manually rotating all of the photos that she takes in portrait :rofl

Comments

• TerrenceTerrence Registered Users Posts: 477 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2007
    Good on you! I just sold off my 30D, XT and some other stuff and I'm going to buy at my local shop his afternoon! 40D club getting bigger here.
    Terrence

My photos

"The future is an illusion, but a damned handy one." - David Allen
  • sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2007
    damn... big brown truck just came in and I'm already in heaven!!

The viewfinder on this thing is freakin awesome!! Worlds better than the rebels and heck I think I notice a difference from the 20D/30D. The thing reminds me of the 1D viewfinder and yes it has ISO in it!! WOOT! I immediatly bolted up my 70-200/2.8L.... omg... just omg. I'll be at a horse show friday night, a private sitting saturday for portrait type stuff, and another horse show on sunday, so I expect to put a couple thousand shots through this thing over the weekend. thumb.gif
  • OceanViewOceanView Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited October 13, 2007
    sirsloop wrote:
    damn... big brown truck just came in and I'm already in heaven!!

The viewfinder on this thing is freakin awesome!! Worlds better than the rebels and heck I think I notice a difference from the 20D/30D. The thing reminds me of the 1D viewfinder and yes it has ISO in it!! WOOT! I immediatly bolted up my 70-200/2.8L.... omg... just omg. I'll be at a horse show friday night, a private sitting saturday for portrait type stuff, and another horse show on sunday, so I expect to put a couple thousand shots through this thing over the weekend. thumb.gif

You sound like a kid on X-Mas morning.
    Have fun with your new toy.
  • BBiggsBBiggs Registered Users Posts: 688 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2007
    Awesome! Congrats on getting this camera! I want one but I will have to wait alittle.
  • Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    I've pulled the trigger on mine about 3 thousand times now.mwink.gif

You are gonna like it...congrats.:D
    edited October 15, 2007
    lol... mine broke 1000 on the first weekend! 100 more to go ;)
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    Congratulations!
    Welcome to the 40D Club, you're gonna love it here! mwink.gifiloveyou.gifrolleyes1.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2007
    I put my hands on one yesterday at B&H. Seemed like a beautiful thing. mwink.gif
    Enjoy!
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • jacyjoypalsjacyjoypals Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited October 17, 2007
    It is fantastic!
    I cannot say enough good things about the 40D...taking it on a 3-day foliage and air balloon shoot this weekend for a good workout. Beautiful results thus far. We like so much we bought two!clap.gif
  • TylerWTylerW Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2007
    Mine arrives friday!clap.gif
    http://www.tylerwinegarner.com

Canon 40d | Canon 17-40 f/4L | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Canon 70-200mm f/4 L
    edited October 17, 2007
    I cannot say enough good things about the 40D...taking it on a 3-day foliage and air balloon shoot this weekend for a good workout. Beautiful results thus far. We like so much we bought two!clap.gif

I'm trying to convince my wife to switch from her XTi to a 40D :D
  • jacyjoypalsjacyjoypals Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited October 17, 2007
    sirsloop wrote:
    I'm trying to convince my wife to switch from her XTi to a 40D :D
    Well, after my husband got his, he convinced me to switch so now we have twins...:D We will share all lens on outings but it will be nice to work out the goodies and learn it together, etc. with the same model. The key for me was getting into my hands, the feel and lots of research/reading...it wasn't long and I was convinced.