Options

An Abandoned Homestead

ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
edited March 4, 2005 in Landscapes
I can't put pin on it, but something about this shot keeps me drawn to it. But, it's not the usuall jumping up and down "WOW!" feeling of a true winner, either. Maybe it needs a tighter crop? (it's unedited, as of yet)

16811838-L.jpg
"There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg

Comments

• Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 3, 2005
    I think I know what you're going for but I see a tree, dead center, dominating the shot. I think you need to find a creative way to capture a portion of this site that conveys the hollow solemness of abandonment.
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    I think I know what you're going for but I see a tree, dead center, dominating the shot. I think you need to find a creative way to capture a portion of this site that conveys the hollow solemness of abandonment.
    Agreed. I may try a re-shoot, it's just that the conditions of the day were perfect!! There's also the issue of the occupoide farmhouse BEHIND the "ruins" that *may* contain a reneck with firearms. eek7.gif:D

Messed with a crop - still not ideal, but I like it a little better. Seems drastic, but the tree's effect is minimilzed.

16878741-M.jpg
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 4, 2005
    Agreed. I may try a re-shoot, it's just that the conditions of the day were perfect!! There's also the issue of the occupoide farmhouse BEHIND the "ruins" that *may* contain a reneck with firearms. eek7.gif:D

Messed with a crop - still not ideal, but I like it a little better. Seems drastic, but the tree's effect is minimilzed.

16878741-M.jpg
    Yes indeed but I'm not sure one would understand what they're looking at. Next time shoot something in an area devoid of firearm bearing rednecks. :D
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    Next time shoot something in an area devoid of firearm bearing rednecks. :D
    Surely words to live by, angelo. (but easier said then done in western nc!)
    Thanks. rolleyes1.gif