Got a CANON 30D & Have a Question

christiechristie Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited October 10, 2007 in Cameras
I just upgraded (I had a Rebel). I shoot in Raw and have Photoshop CS on a MAC.

My Rebel saved my RAW files as CRW and I just had to open Phototshop, click on Browse and I'd see all of my raw files there and could edit the white balance, exposure etc and when I was done, clicked OK and the file was imported into :"regular" photoshop.

I got my 30D today and the files are CR2 files and photoshop can't open them!!

What do you do? I don't want to use their software the camera came with because that will add a lot of time to my workflow.

I am freaking out about this just thinking of the extra hours this is going to be as I edit photos not being able to just stay in photoshop sad.gif

Thanks so much!!!

Comments

• ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2007
    No worries. Go the Adobe web site and search for RAW updates. It'll explain it all - you just need to update your RAW software, then it will work normally.

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • christiechristie Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited October 10, 2007
    Zanotti wrote:
    No worries. Go the Adobe web site and search for RAW updates. It'll explain it all - you just need to update your RAW software, then it will work normally.

Z

THANKS!

I found this but I have no idea which one would do the trick- any ideas?

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=106&platform=Macintosh
  • i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2007
    Thats a tough one. The RAW plugin I see is v3.4 (adds support for 30D) - but it shows it only availble for CS2.

ne_nau.gif
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
  • TerrenceTerrence Registered Users Posts: 477 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2007
    From a little Googling and a check of the Adobe web site, it appears the earliest Adobe Camera Raw version that supports the 30D is 3.4, which will not work with Photoshop CS. You'll most likely need to upgrade to CS2.
    Terrence

My photos

"The future is an illusion, but a damned handy one." - David Allen
  • Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2007
    You can just use DPP to process your RAWs.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • christiechristie Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited October 10, 2007
    Thanks for the help!

I just spent the $$$ to upgrade to CS3. It's currently downloading. Hopefully it's money well spent smile.gif

Anyone know if I have to reinstall my actions and brushes from CS into CS3? Should I trash CS from my computer or do I need both versions of photoshop in my applications folder?
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited October 10, 2007
    christie wrote:
    Anyone know if I have to reinstall my actions and brushes from CS into CS3? Should I trash CS from my computer or do I need both versions of photoshop in my applications folder?

On my Windows machine I did have to copy actions over from the previous version.

I suggest you hold on to the previous version CS until you verify that all the "essential" actions etc. are supported in the new version.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2007
    I have CS3 but hardly use it, since I been addicted to Lightroom.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com