Memorials and Life Tribute Slideshows

SweeperSweeper Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
edited October 11, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I was wondering if with my Pro account, I would be able to host slideshows such as Memorials and Life Tribute Slideshows. Usually these are anywhere from 50 to 100 pictures and 1 or 2 audio tracks. I have not decided whether to allow viewers to d/l the shows or to purchase blocks of posting time for them but first I need to know what kinds of slideshow files I can host here.

Tks ...
...Steve
Tax Me !!
I'm Canadian, eh.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2007
    Simple: force a regular gallery to slideshow, and put some free musice in from www.sonific.com

More involved: host some music elsewhere, and use HTML to embed it in the gallery (not hard,holler if/when you are ready!)

There are also ways to link external slideshows (like photodex, etc) to SmugMug, but the only files you can put up here for such purposes are really jpgs.
  • SweeperSweeper Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited October 11, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Simple: force a regular gallery to slideshow, and put some free musice in from www.sonific.com

More involved: host some music elsewhere, and use HTML to embed it in the gallery (not hard,holler if/when you are ready!)

There are also ways to link external slideshows (like photodex, etc) to SmugMug, but the only files you can put up here for such purposes are really jpgs.

Thanks Andy.
    I am either looking at a flash file or similar to what you would see here:

http://videos.yourtribute.com/viewtribute.asp?fh=irvinefh&mv=BillLockhart.html

There are other types of programs which all include simple .jpg photos. Once my smugmug site is converted to either "SkipRidge Photography" and/or "CybArchive", I will be looking at a separate memorial homepage for just this type of work. Both names are registered with .ca extensions and I hope to have them installed in SmugMug before Christmas this year.

I own Photodex Gold so I might use that type of output for the creations.

Tks for the help and link. I'll be getting back to you for sure.

...Steve
    Tax Me !!
    I'm Canadian, eh.