Fierce Pride

NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
edited October 12, 2007 in People
A picture I took a while back at an immigration rally. I was taken by the fierce visage of this person, seemingly both proud of his connection to the U.S. his adopted homeland, and at the same time recalcitrant and suspicious. One of my attempts at a street scene:

206710457-L.jpg
EXIF: Nikon D70, ISO 400, 1/320, f/9.0, No Flash, 70mm

Gassho,

N
Exposure Latitude(s).com
"The temple bell stops but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers." -- Basho

Comments

• Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2007
    Nacho,

I see what you are trying to portray, butheadscratch.gif

The light, contrast and color are all too nice. I think this needs to be more "gritty" deal.gif
  • 12201220 Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited October 11, 2007
    Nacho,

I see what you are trying to portray, butheadscratch.gif

The light, contrast and color are all too nice. I think this needs to be more "gritty" deal.gif

good critique. If this guy was smiling it would fit the image, his expression doesnt line up with that wonderful color. The photo dose have an impact though, nice job
    Disclaimer: Just because I have an opinion, that doesnt mean I'm right.
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2007
    I dunno
    I think there's a real tension between the nice new flag, right out of the package with the folds still in it, and the conflicted emotions shown. There's a story behind that shot. Part of the story MIGHT be that he didn't buy the flag, but that it was given him by organizers. OTOH, the story might be that he felt strongly enough to go to the store and buy the new flag in order to help make his statement. Should he have found some nasty old rag?? It's HIS statement, and the photographer recorded it. It's journalism. It's a good photo as it is.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2007
    I definitely see suspicion.
    Growing with Dgrin