Sunset on the Turnagain Arm - 12 img

coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
edited October 11, 2007 in People
So after our training ended on Saturday, Richard and I wandered across town and rendezvoused with Tracy, and for lack of anything better to do we all took off into the sunset. We parked alongside the Turnagain Arm just outside of Anchorage, and while Richard toyed around with his guitar at the car, me and Tracy snuck off and ditched him, following a trail past a waterfall, around a small pond, and through a culvert under the highway to the beach, which at this point is just a pile of rocks alongside the railroad tracks. It still makes for a great vantage point to watch the sunset from though, and as far as sunsets go, Turnagain gives off some great ones!

My most problematic issue of the evening was my difficult subject; somehow Tracy is photophobic. :D
oct01.jpg

And I'll never understand why.
oct02.jpg

Especially when you compare her to me. :rofl Shot by Tracy.
oct04.jpg

We didn't escape for long, Richard impressed me a bit by successfully utilizing tracking skills just learned that day in Search and Rescue training. Drat. :D
oct05.jpg

Ah well, a bit of song doesn't hurt a sunset any, at all.
oct06.jpg

Still dealing with a difficult subject, however. :dunno
oct08.jpg

But at least Richard was more than happy to oblige.
oct13.jpg

Tracy calls him a "cutie patootie."
oct15.jpg

oct16.jpg

I find this shot interesting in its variety of light. Not sure how I like it yet though. Too bad I couldn't get her to sit still for more!
oct17.jpg

I made a deal for her to sit still and look at the sunset for just ten seconds for me. It only took three or so.
oct18.jpg

And to top off the evening, here's one Richard shot for me. :D
oct20.jpg
John Borland
www.morffed.com

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2007
    All the descriptions sound great but I do not see any pics nor any little boxes with red X's in them.......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2007
    They work for me, John you breakin stuff! :)

Look great nice job on the pictures!
  • coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2007
    Art Scott wrote:
    All the descriptions sound great but I do not see any pics nor any little boxes with red X's in them.......

Hmm, are they up now? My site may have had some downtime last night or something....
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2007
    really nice set......maybe my machine just did not like being awoke at 3:30am when I got home:D....but I did wait quite some tome prior to complaining:D:D

Keep 'em coming really like to see what you have to share with us down here.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website