LPS#14 still haven't made up my mind

MrsCueMrsCue Registered Users Posts: 412 Major grins
edited October 14, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I have been way off on all of my entries so far.
I find the first image much more interesting than the 2nd, but, being a portrait photographer, hey, what do I know lol.
Am I way off again?

IMG_0421.jpg?f4991e

IMG_0424.jpg?e18886
Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 350D, 50mm 1.8 MKII prime lens, 17-40mm f/4 L lens, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS lens, 430 EX speedlite, Tungsten Continuous studio light, Pocket Wizards, Gary Fong Lightsphere, Stofen Omni bounce diffuser, 5in1 reflector

Comments

• pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2007
    MrsCue wrote:
    I have been way off on all of my entries so far.
    I find the first image much more interesting than the 2nd, but, being a portrait photographer, hey, what do I know lol.
    Am I way off again?

#1 with out a doubt for me
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2007
    IMG_0421.jpg?f4991e

I love the first one. Great perspective.
  • MrsCueMrsCue Registered Users Posts: 412 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2007
    We still have a few days left so my options are still open, I may be able to get something even better. Although, it's not easy trying to fit challenges in when looking after 10 people.
    However, for now, #1 has 4 votes, mine, my hubby's and 2 here.
    Thank you so much.
    Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 350D, 50mm 1.8 MKII prime lens, 17-40mm f/4 L lens, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS lens, 430 EX speedlite, Tungsten Continuous studio light, Pocket Wizards, Gary Fong Lightsphere, Stofen Omni bounce diffuser, 5in1 reflector

• TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2007
    Ha Ha Mrs. C...you know I was actually thinking of doing a web shot, but you know how that is....can't find one when you need it..:D ...

I like the angle of #1.
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
    edited October 11, 2007
    Tentacion wrote:
    Ha Ha Mrs. C...you know I was actually thinking of doing a web shot, but you know how that is....can't find one when you need it..:D ...

I like the angle of #1.

Looks like it's unanimous. #1 it is then. Best I enter it before you get there first hey? lol

• TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2007
    Good Luck to You Mrs. C. I promise..I'm not going to enter a Web Shot...actually thinking of changing my current entry...but with something elsemwink.gif
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • canonguycanonguy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2007
    IMG_0421.jpg?f4991e

This one is awesome. Perspecitve really works!
  • JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2007
    # 1 is a truly fantastic shot. But it isn't craggy, nor smooth. "sticky" perhaps, but I think you should keep this idea in the bag until a more appropriate theme comes around, and shoot something else.
    Cave ab homine unius libri
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2007
    I tend to agree with Justiceiro in this case

It is a wonderful image but I don't see how it conforms to the themes either.
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2007
    Hey MrsCue! Cool shot, don't see the theme. I'll say it again, cool shot!

Jesse
    edited October 14, 2007
    Ok. So, judging by what others have said, although there is another way to look at my web shots...as smooth as silk or the dew drops making the web look scraggy, I decided to try to shoot something else.
    Do you think this would qualify for the theme?
    Do you think I should stick with the web? (Sorry, no punn intended lol).

EOS40D_IMG_0474_750.jpg?2e66dc

• HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2007
    This one certainly meets the theme better than the web, in my mind.
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2007
    Yes it meets the theme better - BUT - I like the web much better - and IMHO I would rather enter a good photo that was weak on theme than enter a less good photo that was more theme related.

I did get the smooth as silk from the web shot earlier although the drops distracted me enough from it really sinking in for some reason.
    edited October 14, 2007
    Maybe I should change the title then :D

• mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2007
    I like the second one (2nd web shot). I would increase the contrast on the image and try to bring out the green more in the background. I would also submit it in its highest image size, 800x???, as long as the longest side is no more than 800px, you will be fine. But the higher the better so you can see the intricate web better.

I hope that helps, but seriously, I would go with the web shot.