First Post - Comedy Event

Kevin GKevin G Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited October 11, 2007 in People
Went to take pics at a comedy event last night. Just wanted to post up because it was a tough shoot...poor lighting w/ no flash allowed. ISO 1600, 85mm 1.8 wide open.

I don't have web sized pics so is it bad for me to just link the gallery?

Kevin Jolle and Others

Kevin Jolle is the white guy with the big belt buckle--I came to photograph him so look at those as they were the main focus. The black guy is the host.

Comments

• Kevin GKevin G Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited October 11, 2007
  • 12201220 Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited October 11, 2007
    I'm no stage photography expert (or any other expert) but I think you had some good ones. The shadow created in the background is distracting to me, but I guess thats part and parcel with this kind of work. I will say that 31 and 32 are my favs as I think they capture the right look for a stage comic.

clap.gif
    Disclaimer: Just because I have an opinion, that doesnt mean I'm right.
  • Kevin GKevin G Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited October 11, 2007
    1220 wrote:
    I'm no stage photography expert (or any other expert) but I think you had some good ones. The shadow created in the background is distracting to me, but I guess thats part and parcel with this kind of work. I will say that 31 and 32 are my favs as I think they capture the right look for a stage comic.

clap.gif

Thanks a lot for taking a look and the comments you left. Yeah, the shadow was kinda distracting to me to, though I couldn't find a way around it--there was no way to kill it with a background light as I don't control the set.
  • i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2007
    well now I know what kind of lens I want. Those shots look great! I think I'll look into a f1.4 or something just a taaaad larger. Thanks!
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler