Multiphoto buy not working in IE 6

nowherenowhere Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited October 15, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I have a rather serious issue for the cash flow. Trying to buy multiple photos using IE is not possible on my machine and a few of my customers' machines. The graphics (smugmug icon, shopping cart icon etc) appear to have the wrong background color and the buttons (to cart etc) do not even appear. Screen shot is attached here:

206879548-L.jpg

Firefox works fine and last time I checked about 2 days ago at home IE 7 worked. Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks,
Eric
www.ericmorganphoto.com

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2007
    nowhere wrote:
    I have a rather serious issue for the cash flow. Trying to buy multiple photos using IE is not possible on my machine and a few of my customers' machines. The graphics (smugmug icon, shopping cart icon etc) appear to have the wrong background color and the buttons (to cart etc) do not even appear. Screen shot is attached here:

Firefox works fine and last time I checked about 2 days ago at home IE 7 worked. Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks,
    Eric
    www.ericmorganphoto.com
    Did you try a differnet theme and see if they show, might be a quick work-around.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • nowherenowhere Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited October 11, 2007
    No joy. The problem is theme independent. Funky icons and no buttons to click. I'm going to head across the building to check another PC with IE6...

Eric

Update: Just tried 3 other machines with IE6. All have the exact same behavior...
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2007
    nowhere wrote:
    No joy. The problem is theme independent. Funky icons and no buttons to click. I'm going to head across the building to check another PC with IE6...

Eric

Update: Just tried 3 other machines with IE6. All have the exact same behavior...

1. try resetting IE6 security to default
    2. check to see that binary and script behavior is enabled. There is a setting in IE6 that disabled PNG images:
    http://jt.smugmug.com/gallery/376717/2/96216526

Tools > Options > Security > Custom Level
    Binary and Script Behaviors: Disabled
    That turns them off (along with other ActiveX things) - enabling that will turn them back on.

3. Could be that security software, firewall software, anti-virus software is blocking parts of our site in IE6 for you.
    Let us know?
    edited October 12, 2007
    Returning to the default via the reset defaults button did not help. I also checked and Binary and Script Behaviors are enabled.

If you look closely, the png files are not blocked but are just have the wrong color backgroup. I suspect the background should be transparent but in this case just shows as white.

I don't think the firewall or antivirus is causing a problem since the buttons and pictures show fine in Firefox on the same machines.

Also, IE 7 at home I do confirm is working properly.

I did do a little troubleshooting in the code. All I have time for right this minute was to remove the class="buttons selectall_buttonsm" attribute in the input type="button" statement in the source code. This does allow the button to display, albeit of course without the theme attributes. I don't have time right this minute to dig into checking the class to see what might be the problem. Let me know if you see something interesting...

Edit: Removing that statement also makes the button functional. I neglected to mention that...

Thanks for the attention so far! You guys rock!
    Eric
    edited October 15, 2007
    Any news on this? I'm a little worried since my galleries are all multiple pictures at next to no profit. Not being able to select many of them will be a huge show stopper.

Thanks!
    Eric
  • {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    What you are seeing is how PNG files are seen natively in Internet Explorer. In order for PNG files with transparency to be seen as they should be (all pretty), you need to make sure that scripting is allowed on the page (as Andy said previously).

If you are in a corporate environment, there is a good chance that this has been disabled by your system admin (or perhaps yourself or a third party security program).

The good news is that this situation is very rare and has been corrected in Internet Explorer 7. We can't do too much more than what we are doing - I suggest you look at your system settings as Andy mentioned earlier.

JT
    nowhere wrote:
    Any news on this? I'm a little worried since my galleries are all multiple pictures at next to no profit. Not being able to select many of them will be a huge show stopper.

Thanks!
    Eric