Blind Photography part 2

PineapplePhotoPineapplePhoto Registered Users Posts: 474 Major grins
edited October 14, 2007 in People
Well, I survived and I did a little bit of everything... the most interesting was Senior Blind or Visually impaired students wanted some "portraits"... so I wanted to share some of them.

I must say these children are amazing! how they can go about life without sight... most of them were visually impaired (legally blind) and few were born blind. But they all got along, walked around, goofed around too.

It was a cool day outside and a fun day shooting at this school.

Here is some of them:

#1: Blonde... and yet, the smartest kid in her class :) going off to college next year, wanted the typical pose.

207042789-L.jpg

# 2: Reader, this kid could not stop reading (yup! that is a Braille book in his hands... it takes about 30-40 of those volumes in Braille to make a "normal" book, like what we read... but even then! he has read more books that I have!).

207042882-L.jpg

#3: Smarty, with a twist. Another bright student, found a neat location outside by a wooden fence/tree covered with some type of ivy.

207043005-L.jpg

I learnt a few things today... :D
Body: Canon 1D Mark II N | Canon 30D w/BG-E2 Flash: Canon 580EX II | Quantum T4d | Strobes & Monolights
Glass: Sigma 70-200 f2.8 | Sigma 20 f1.8 | Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM

Comments

• photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2007
    I'm surprised you haven't gotten any comments!

#1 is a gorgeous photo! I never would have known she was blind if you hadn't said anything!

#2 is almost really nice. I wonder if you could have found some interesting angles instead of doing this straight on. I love how you've included what he loves - books - and would think some closer shots of his fingers reading could be really wonderful! Still, all in all, a really nice shot!

#3 - aside from the angle being a little too much for me, the lighting and composition are really well done!

Waht a neat series and how wonderful that you were able to do something like this. Very nicely caught!
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2007
    Great shots....2 very confident and pretty gals. I think the tilt in #3 is a little steep, but I still like the shot. The shadows are a little too harsh/deep on the young man's face...I think you could have shot at a more interesting angle. What a great experience, though, as a photographer!
  • 12201220 Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited October 14, 2007
    saurora wrote:
    Great shots....2 very confident and pretty gals. I think the tilt in #3 is a little steep, but I still like the shot. The shadows are a little too harsh/deep on the young man's face...I think you could have shot at a more interesting angle. What a great experience, though, as a photographer!

15524779-Ti.gif

Nice work.
    Disclaimer: Just because I have an opinion, that doesnt mean I'm right.