Options

Invalid APIKey while you are updating the site

GarethLewinGarethLewin Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
I just spent 20 minutes trying to work out why I was getting error 19 "Invalid API" when using the REST API for anything but login.

I then noticed you guys were fiddling with the site. When that stopped my errors went away.

A) Please create an error specifically for that. Telling my users that my APIKey is invalid is not helpful :(

B) Please fail the Login as well as the other calls, unless there is some benefit I can't see to allow the login to go thru. It makes my error handling a lot cleaner.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 12, 2007
    Gareth,

it's on my list of stuff to do thumb.gif

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    rkallarkalla Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2007
    I just spent 20 minutes trying to work out why I was getting error 19 "Invalid API" when using the REST API for anything but login.

I then noticed you guys were fiddling with the site. When that stopped my errors went away.

A) Please create an error specifically for that. Telling my users that my APIKey is invalid is not helpful :(

B) Please fail the Login as well as the other calls, unless there is some benefit I can't see to allow the login to go thru. It makes my error handling a lot cleaner.

Thanks

Gareth,
    Good call... isn't error code 18 system error? I guess Smug could throw that back, or do you want a specific one for system maintenence? like error code 666 "system maintenence"?
  • Options
    GarethLewinGarethLewin Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited October 12, 2007
    rkalla wrote:
    Gareth,
    Good call... isn't error code 18 system error? I guess Smug could throw that back, or do you want a specific one for system maintenence? like error code 666 "system maintenence"?

Either would be good, not Invalid API Key :)