SOLD: Canon 30D (please read)

mrlartermrlarter Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited October 15, 2007 in House of Canon
I have a canon 30D. It's a nice camera....except it got wet. And now the manual functions do not work. The auto functions still work and it still takes nice photos....

Water got into the top LCD and this seems to have fried a board in side somewhere that controls the lcd screens and manual functions.

Not posting a price but if anyone is interested for parts or just to tinker with. Until then it makes a great paper weight.
Brian Larter
brianlarter.com
aperturestudios.ca

weapon of choice: Canon 40D
BG-E2 Battery Grip
50mm f/1.8 MK 1
28-135mm IS USM f/3.5-5.6
17-40mm L USM f/4.0

Comments

• PineapplePhotoPineapplePhoto Registered Users Posts: 474 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2007
    Is it still under warranty? how about sending it to Canon for repair?
    Body: Canon 1D Mark II N | Canon 30D w/BG-E2 Flash: Canon 580EX II | Quantum T4d | Strobes & Monolights
    Glass: Sigma 70-200 f2.8 | Sigma 20 f1.8 | Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM
  • mrlartermrlarter Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited October 12, 2007
    sorry I should have included that. Already sent and they said it wasn't fixable....now I do know for a fact that they didn't even open it. it's not under warrenty so I tried to open it up to dry it out. The screws where never touched.

A bit annoyed..it cost me $32 to have it looked at but I got a free battery out of it because they left it in there when they sent it back.
    Brian Larter
    brianlarter.com
    aperturestudios.ca

BG-E2 Battery Grip
    50mm f/1.8 MK 1
    17-40mm L USM f/4.0
  • LensHappyLensHappy Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited October 12, 2007
    Wow...Deja Vu
    Funny, I had the EXACT same thing happen with a basically a brand new 20D this week...Is that Canon's stock answer?..."it got wet so we aren't responsible". I told them the only moisture my camera was exposed to was some humidity. They told me it would cost $675 to fix..."ship it back, it ain't worth $675" However, it does make me sick to my stomach. Can anyone tell me are 1D's better for outdoors?
    edited October 12, 2007
    Well the thing is I've had my camera in the rain hundreds of times in the past...this wasn't anything new...but yeah I could buy a new one cheaper then what they where offering.
    Brian Larter
    brianlarter.com
    aperturestudios.ca

BG-E2 Battery Grip
    50mm f/1.8 MK 1
    17-40mm L USM f/4.0
  • samkelly1234samkelly1234 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited October 12, 2007
    I am interested. can you send me your email address?

Thanks
  • salazarsalazar Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2007
    Hello Brian, If the deal with samkelly1234 falls through, let me know. It would be nice to have a second body to use on sailboats and other wet circumstances where I don't want to jeopardise the new 40D. Your lens is boxed up waiting by the door for my friend to pick up sometime today.
    Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed. Thanks for your interest.
    edited October 14, 2007
    I'm sorry guys, I've had a lot of interest in this from people. at the moment the highest offer is $200.

Just to be clear...i am not sure if this is fixable. Canon said it wasn't but like I said i am almost 100% sure canon didn't even open it. If you have a canon 30D body with a broken LCD then this might be perfect for parts or something.
    Brian Larter
    brianlarter.com
    aperturestudios.ca

BG-E2 Battery Grip
    50mm f/1.8 MK 1
    17-40mm L USM f/4.0
    edited October 15, 2007
    Sold to Ken.

As of this morning it was working more then ever. Keep us posted if you can bring her back to life.
    Brian Larter
    brianlarter.com
    aperturestudios.ca

BG-E2 Battery Grip
    50mm f/1.8 MK 1
    17-40mm L USM f/4.0