Woman and Baby (hit my store)

leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
edited October 13, 2007 in People
I was going through some summer photos and found this insurance photo I took for an incident where a woman ran her car into my store front. I never thought it that interesting, but today I was looking at the look on her face. Man, is she bummed, or what? She had insurance, and everyone is happy, but thankfully there was no one on this walk, which typically is covered with folks on a spring day.

207343968-L.jpg
Growing with Dgrin

Comments

• PineapplePhotoPineapplePhoto Registered Users Posts: 474 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2007
    It appears as if she dented... the brick wall? maybe it is just the angle. Interesting shot, specially the baby in the window (reflection).
    Body: Canon 1D Mark II N | Canon 30D w/BG-E2 Flash: Canon 580EX II | Quantum T4d | Strobes & Monolights
    Glass: Sigma 70-200 f2.8 | Sigma 20 f1.8 | Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM
  • kombizzkombizz Banned Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2007
    Wish you could take a better image of the main subject what so ever it would be a mother or a volovo car. Then frame it based on it.
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2007
    kombizz wrote:
    Wish you could take a better image of the main subject what so ever it would be a mother or a volovo car. Then frame it based on it.
    I think it is the dent in the wall :D

That woman does look bummed. Is that person who hit your storefront? or just a passer-by? Glad to hear no one was hurt.
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2007
    Granted, maybe this isn't a shot for Dgrin. It was a shot for the insurance company. I just found it sort of different. The lady with the baby jumped the curb and ran her car into the brick wall of my store. She had a left foot accelerator pedal installed on her car just days before due to something wrong with her right ankle, and being new to her, she got confused and hit the gas instead of the brake and slammed into my store. Yes, amazingly, no one was hurt. Including her car. It was a brand new Subaru Forester, and though it caused almost 10,000 dollars worh of damage to the stucture of my building, she didn't even dent her front license plate. Go Subaru! Note: On the other side of that wall was a full house of people, some seated with their backs to that wall. If she would have came through that wall, or the glass of the window had shattered, the pictures would have been ghastly.
    Growing with Dgrin

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2007
    I wonder what kind of legal footing you would have if she saw this and didn't approve of her picture and story being told here?