Options

Error in logout with an anonymous sessions using json on 1.2.1.

jf26028jf26028 Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
I am having trouble issuing the logout command during an anonymous session using the json api on 1.2.1. The request returns {"stat":"fail","code":3,"message":"invalid session"}.

To recreate, obtain a valid apikey and a valid anonymous session and use this url:

http://api.smugmug.com/services/api/json/1.2.1/?/services/api/json/1.2.1/?method=smugmug.logout&APIKey={key}&SessionID={anonymous session id}

I did a search on this forum for anonymous logout, and found posts from 2 years ago, so I am not sure if this is something new, or if I missed the solution to this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Jesse Foster | jf26028

Comments

• Options
    rkallarkalla Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2007
    Jesse,
    Interesting... don't know if Anonymous sessions can/should be logged out.

Let's see what David says, he's the man in the know.

Out of curiosity what is your use-case (reason) for logging out an Anon session as opposed to just dropping it and not using it anymore?
  • Options
    jf26028jf26028 Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited October 13, 2007
    Just because
    rkalla wrote:
    Jesse,
    Interesting... don't know if Anonymous sessions can/should be logged out.

Let's see what David says, he's the man in the know.

Out of curiosity what is your use-case (reason) for logging out an Anon session as opposed to just dropping it and not using it anymore?

I am logging out because....you are supposed to log out, right?! It is actually easier for me if I just dont call logout, but I am trying to be a team player on this one. Destroying unused sessions helps conserve server resources. If smugmug doesn't care, then thats fine with me. Or, maybe a note in the docs would be nice clearifying the issue. Either way, I just want to do the right thing.

Jesse Foster | jf26028