Would have been my challenge entry.

4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
edited March 4, 2005 in People
I have been cleaning up my hard drive and wanted to share this picture from this past summer. It would have been my Ch 33 entry. As always comments apreciated..

16878743-M.jpg

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    I have been cleaning up my hard drive and wanted to share this picture from this past summer. It would have been my Ch 33 entry. As always comments apreciated..

I really like it doggie man.. love the story it tells.. kinda like the bright light on the side of her face and the splashing water.. I'm looking for something negative to say about it and I can't find anything..clap.gif others may have a different critique but I think it's great.thumb.gif
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    I really like it doggie man.. love the story it tells.. kinda like the bright light on the side of her face and the splashing water.. I'm looking for something negative to say about it and I can't find anything..clap.gif others may have a different critique but I think it's great.thumb.gif
    Thnxs so much Lynn! You can call me Dog for short.
  • Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2005
    That's right...
    lynnma wrote:
    I agree with Lynn here, it's a great shot! The lighting really looks cool!

Thanks so much for sharing!
    Take care!

-- thiago
  • dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2005
    Great shot. I think the hand & splashing water add a lot to the image. Without that, you wouldn't know what she was excited about. It helps complete the story.

Perfect!

Dave
  • gotchagotcha Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 4, 2005
    I think this shot would have worked well if you had used your focus/depth of field (smaller aperature) to allow the foreground to be IN focus, rather than out of focus. It is way too distracting to have a large area blurry, especially if it contains writing or words.
    edited March 4, 2005
    gotcha wrote:
    I think this shot would have worked well if you had used your focus/depth of field (smaller aperature) to allow the foreground to be IN focus, rather than out of focus. It is way too distracting to have a large area blurry, especially if it contains writing or words.
    Its just water , no writing or words? I'll respectfully disagree with you on this one. Thnxs for commenting tho..
    edited March 4, 2005
    Thiagro and Dave Thnxs so much for taking the time I apreciate the feedback..
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 4, 2005
    dkapp wrote:
    Great shot. I think the hand & splashing water add a lot to the image. Without that, you wouldn't know what she was excited about. It helps complete the story.

Perfect!

Dave
    I totally agree. Excellent. clap.gif
  • dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2005
    gotcha wrote:

I'll have to disagree on this. What you said is correct for many images, but I feel the photo works best as shot.

If the hand & water were in focus, and the little girl w/ the great reaction would have been OOF the shot would have lost me. The hand and water are not the interesting part, or the subject. They help tell the story, and because of that they should not take the attention away from what is really shining, the girl & her emotion.

Dave
  • CosmicCosmic Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2005
    dkapp wrote:
    I'll have to disagree on this. What you said is correct for many images, but I feel the photo works best as shot.

If the hand & water were in focus, and the little girl w/ the great reaction would have been OOF the shot would have lost me. The hand and water are not the interesting part, or the subject. They help tell the story, and because of that they should not take the attention away from what is really shining, the girl & her emotion.

Dave
    ^ I agree totally. Fabulous capture! I can almost hear her screaming in delight! :D

~Heidi~
    Lead me not into Temptation. I can find the way myself....