Options

ch 33 - Shay

SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
edited March 6, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Adrenalin:

16880149-L.jpg

Exif:
Date Taken:2005-03-04 11:26:04Date Digitized:2005-03-04 11:26:04Date Modified:2005-03-04 13:28:01Make:CanonModel: Canon EOS 20D Size: 1853x1482 Bytes: 808284 Aperture: f/3.5 ISO: 3200 Focal Length: 24mm (guess: 51mm in 35mm) Exposure Time: 0.008s (1/125)Flash:Flash did not fire, compulsory flash modeExposure Program:Shutter priorityExposure Bias:0ColorSpace:sRGB

As you can see I used iso 3200. I couldn't get a high enough exposure without it. I used the noise filter in elements. What do you think?

Shay.

Comments

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2005
    shay wrote:
    Adrenalin:

Exif:
    Date Taken:2005-03-04 11:26:04Date Digitized:2005-03-04 11:26:04Date Modified:2005-03-04 13:28:01Make:CanonModel: Canon EOS 20D Size: 1853x1482 Bytes: 808284 Aperture: f/3.5 ISO: 3200 Focal Length: 24mm (guess: 51mm in 35mm) Exposure Time: 0.008s (1/125)Flash:Flash did not fire, compulsory flash modeExposure Program:Shutter priorityExposure Bias:0ColorSpace:sRGB

As you can see I used iso 3200. I couldn't get a high enough exposure without it. I used the noise filter in elements. What do you think?

Shay.
    nice action shot Shay.. great expression. The only nit I have is that to me it's out of focus right where it needs to be in focus.. looks like the focus might have hit on the top wheel rather than his face.. are you able to make him do it all again??1drink.gif
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    nice action shot Shay.. great expression. The only nit I have is that to me it's out of focus right where it needs to be in focus.. looks like the focus might have hit on the top wheel rather than his face.. are you able to make him do it all again??1drink.gif
    You're right. I might go again tomorrow and see what I can get. Thanks for the feedback.

Shay.
  • Options
    digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2005
    very cool shot, what the heck are kids riding these days? ne_nau.gif

but I have to say....his face doesn't scream "excitement" or "adrenaline" to me, more like concentration. since you're at one of these parks, you could take advantage of a good wipeout, it's such an american thing to do after all, capitalizing on another's pain rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2005
    very cool shot, what the heck are kids riding these days? ne_nau.gif

but I have to say....his face doesn't scream "excitement" or "adrenaline" to me, more like concentration. since you're at one of these parks, you could take advantage of a good wipeout, it's such an american thing to do after all, capitalizing on another's pain rolleyes1.gif
    I don't think I will enter it because his face is out of focus. You are right about the title, concentration would be a better title. It was a difficult shot to get. The lighting was non-existant. I don't have an external flash like a 580. If I had one I might have been able to use a lower iso. I was there for a while and not one wipeout. Typicalrolleyes1.gif

Thanks for the feedback,

Shay.
  • Options
    digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2005
    shay wrote:
    I was there for a while and not one wipeout. Typicalrolleyes1.gif

Thanks for the feedback,

Shay.
    I mean come on, if they don't bleed for you then what's the point? :lol4
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2005
    I mean come on, if they don't bleed for you then what's the point? :lol4

Absolutely. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2005
    entry no 2
    "Competitiveness" or "I want to win"

16931509-L.jpg

What do you think?
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2005
    I think you nailed the expressions here! Both of them!

Great!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    lr1811lr1811 Registered Users Posts: 363 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2005
    looks like fun!
    shay wrote:
    "Competitiveness" or "I want to win"

16931509-L.jpg

What do you think?
    Kids have the greatest toys!

If you want critiques, I'd try bluring the background a little. For me, the other cars, etc. are distracting. I do like this shot though - great capture!!

Brian
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2005
    Nir wrote:
    I think you nailed the expressions here! Both of them!

Great!
    Thanks Nir, it's enteredthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2005
    lr1811 wrote:
    Kids have the greatest toys!

If you want critiques, I'd try bluring the background a little. For me, the other cars, etc. are distracting. I do like this shot though - great capture!!

Brian
    Thanks for the feedback Brian. The background is distracting but blurring backgrounds in photoshop is beyond me. It was so funny, the cars were going about 2mph and the kids were so competitiverolleyes1.gif

Shay.
  • Options
    FreeUpsFreeUps Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2005
    since you're at one of these parks, you could take advantage of a good wipeout, it's such an american thing to do after all, capitalizing on another's pain rolleyes1.gif

Haha I love this approach. Good stuff faerie!

Shay those kids are adorable. Its a great shot. I would focus on those expressions more though. No need for so much car room in my oppinion. Perhaps a wee-crop on the top and bottom to put a little more emphasis on the matchup.
    No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter