One of "those shots" - and with my new 40D too!

sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
edited October 13, 2007 in Sports
So my 40D went on its maiden voyage today. Penny and I had a private sitting out in eastern PA this morning. The weather today was absolutely spectacular!! We met up with 4 people at a farm and shot at a local covered bridge, in a small stream, in a jumper ring, and out in a field at the farm.

Anyways... you know when you get "one of those shots". Ya know the ones you'll probably never forget because its different and everything about the photo is just awesome. So I had one of those today come up and I figured I would share. Lol... its just like me to get all excited over a neat shot.

After getting the bread and butter tight photos with the 70-200/L's I grabbed the UWA 10-22 just to play a little bit. Its definitely the wide angle that made it pop, plus the weather, the decoration blowing, the timing...everything came together at one special moment. I don't know if the girl is old enough to have an appreciation for it yet, but I think in a few years this very well may end up a treasure for her of her 4yr old thoroughbred, "Nosh".

40D, 580ex, EF-S 10-22, 14mm, 1/2500, f/8, ISO 400, flash fired in H mode for a little fill.

IMG_0782.JPG

:barb - Pushed a couple EV into it in post processing, added a slight bit of sharpness and converted to JPG. No fuss... it was a cracker right outta the camera!

Comments

• CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2007
    Superb.thumb.gif
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips