Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlueHoseJacketBlueHoseJacket Registered Users Posts: 509 Major grins
edited October 15, 2007 in People
Yesterday was my nephew's 1st birthday....here's a shot near the end of his private birthday cake feast. Would love to hear your comments about the photo...don't need to hear the "too much sugar" comments, it's not my child:wink :wink I am trying to learn to use photoshop..but really don't have a clue. I can mess with "threshold" "curves" and "shadow & highlights", but all I do is mess around with those features. What some of you guys do with the camera and photoshop is amazing.

208166558-L.jpg

Comments

• Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2007
    headscratch.gif
    Did he EAT the cake or did he bury his face and arms in it instead??rolleyes1.gif

As for photoshop, I think for this particular photo adjusting levels, curves, highlights are better for it. Of course ... I also have no idea about photoshop too...
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    YIKES! Laughing.gif! My kids were way too tame to do that.

Very cute!
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    Great shot...i like it.

Re Photoshop...i shoot mostly jpegs these days & get good value from the exposure slides. Go to Image>adjustments>exposure. I offset slightly to the left & take gamma & exposure slightly to the right. I have found this works better if the photo is taken at -1/3 exposure. This exposure also speeds up the shutter for a dark room for me with my slower lenses.

Hope that helps.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    I love the shot. As soon as it came up - so did the smile on my face. Thanks so much for sharing.
  • Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    As soon as it came up - so did the smile on my face.

Same here...what a cutie =)
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG