out of place but , help

D_C_NCD_C_NC Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
edited October 18, 2007 in Cameras
I am going to Stamford Ct. to kick some whatever to finish my car ,,, anyway I will have the time to go to the city and look for a camera.. where should I go ? I lived there for along time but , have been away even longer... Help please as I fly out this next Tuesday and return thursday... Short Trip I admit.... I am out of touch obviously, old fart I am.... Thanks... 07.jpg my new intercoolerESLON.jpg my old work....

Comments

• jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2007
    B&H Photo at a minimum. It is on the west side @ 420 Ninth Ave. If that is your 'mission' you could also head over to Calumet's or Adorama's stores. But if you have only time for one, B&H is it. thumb.gif
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac
  • sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2007
    I don't think I have ever walked out of B&H without spending less than 4 grand. Luckily I've only been there a couple times rolleyes1.gif
  • billg71billg71 Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    B&H, Adorama, and Cameta. Never laid eyes on any of them but have had great service from all three on the 'net.

One of these days I'll make it up to NY with a fresh credit card.....bowdown.gif

Bill
  • jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    billg71 wrote:
    One of these days I'll make it up to NY with a fresh credit card.....bowdown.gif

Go AMEX - no limits! wings.gif
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac
  • sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2007
    lol... credit cards... perfect way to turn $4,000 worth of gear into $5,000 worth of gear.
  • D_C_NCD_C_NC Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2007
    sirsloop wrote:
    I don't think I have ever walked out of B&H without spending less than 4 grand. Luckily I've only been there a couple times rolleyes1.gif
    I had an eyefull at B & H and the guy at the digital counter was great as he put up with all my dumb questions. The place was relatively empty, his words , Learned a bunch , held the various cameras and then left to go to do my battle in CT. Did not spend one penny , my Visa has a 25K limit , do not need Amex , need to sell the BMW ne_nau.gif .... Thanks for the help....