A moment in time.....(warning large post!)

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited October 16, 2007 in People
Not really interested in debating much technical stuff here....mainly just sharing our weekend. Comments are always nice to hear!!!

Well we had homecoming this weekend. It was mad around here since Friday morning. I had worked at my real job Wednesday and Thursday night. Went to the Pep rally at 10am on Friday, then started getting ready for the game. The girls always have friends over before the games so as usual it was a house full. We won the game 46-6, and since half time was filled with HC court stuff, the bands stayed after to do their routines. My youngest is a dancer so I had a late night. Saturday they began early getting hair done, nails, and all things girly. Not sure when we went to bed, but I last looked at a clock at 2am when I left home to go pick my oldest and some of her friends up from an after party. It was a great weekend despite the lack of rest. They had a lot of fun, and we all have the memories.

Hope you enjoy.

1 Teen Spirit
(getting everyone fired up for the big game!!!....btw my youngest is first one on the left)
208127992-S.jpg

2 All for the Wildcats.....

(cheerleaders doing what they do....my oldest girl front row left)
208197433-S.jpg

3 The calm before the Storm!...

( I think an adult was talking on a microphone here......it later got pretty carazy)
208112700-S.jpg

4 Parade Block...

(my youngest)
208254818-S.jpg

5 BFF!!

(waiting for the game to begin)
208261103-S.jpg

6 Back in Black....

( we were supposed to all wear black shirts to inaugurate the teams new black uniforms....undoubtedly the local stores ran short!)
208262991-S.jpg

7 Game Face...

(my oldest girl on left)
208247207-S.jpg

Thats all for now....the Saturday pics will be in a seperate post

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    Looks like a very fun time. You have some very nice photos there. I'm sure your daughters are quite happy with them.

Oh and just in case you missed it :D you are truly blessed with a couple of gorgeous young ladies!
  • 12201220 Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    Nice shots! They really tell a story, well done.

gorgeous children too!
    Disclaimer: Just because I have an opinion, that doesnt mean I'm right.
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    Looks like a very fun time. You have some very nice photos there. I'm sure your daughters are quite happy with them.

Oh and just in case you missed it :D you are truly blessed with a couple of gorgeous young ladies!

They are dolls....agreed. I have some more formal shots that will blow you away!!!! Just need to get them posted.
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007

Thanks.....

BTW I have tried a kazillion different things to get decent WB and shutter speeds in that gym over the last year. The 580EXII I recently bought bailed me out....at least at functions like this. After playing around with it pointed down the barrel of the lens and not liking the results, I set it at one click from vertical and bounced it from the high white ceiling. AWB took care of itself pretty good, and it provided enough light to keep the speeds up on the Tamron 28-75. I still think its bad manners to use a flash at basketball games, so I am hoping the 85 F1.8 will bail me out when that starts.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2007
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Thanks.....

BTW I have tried a kazillion different things to get decent WB and shutter speeds in that gym over the last year. The 580EXII I recently bought bailed me out....at least at functions like this. After playing around with it pointed down the barrel of the lens and not liking the results, I set it at one click from vertical and bounced it from the high white ceiling. AWB took care of itself pretty good, and it provided enough light to keep the speeds up on the Tamron 28-75. I still think its bad manners to use a flash at basketball games, so I am hoping the 85 F1.8 will bail me out when that starts.
    I've never shot a BB game before, but I'm thinking it probably will do you just fine. A higher ISO will stop the action for you. Just remember that noise is not your enemy. Well exposed images at 800 or even 1600 - the noise that will be there will not be "in your face" bad.