A bit of fun

SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
edited October 15, 2007 in People
From a recent family shoot

204063726-L.jpg

204704958-L.jpg

My grandson (of course)

208029176-L-1.jpg

Not the most technically correct (hey, it's a candid)

206035755-L.jpg

Betcha smile

207083350-L.jpg

Debating on a vinette (sp?)

204718067-L.jpg

A family pose

204026524-L-3.jpg

Thanks for looking! :lust
Swartzy:
NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
www.daveswartz.com
Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552

Comments

• kombizzkombizz Banned Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2007
    nice shots
    perhaps need better contrasts
  • adpaceadpace Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    All great photos, but those last 2 shots are amazing! Really nice job! Your grandson is adorable!!!
  • 12201220 Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    Nice work! I love 3 and 6 the most, and I think 6 is a huge winner if you can crop it tighter, at least I'd like it that way.

The family photo is nice too, but weird in that the landscape is so "perfect" they look they were photoshop'd into it! kinda hard to explain. My only real complaint there is I dont get any sharpness from the folks in the picture, she seem muddy to me, which for such a gorgeous family is too bad.

all in all. beautiful family, great shots.

well done.
    Disclaimer: Just because I have an opinion, that doesnt mean I'm right.
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    Thanks 1220
    1220 wrote:
    Nice work! I love 3 and 6 the most, and I think 6 is a huge winner if you can crop it tighter, at least I'd like it that way.

The family photo is nice too, but weird in that the landscape is so "perfect" they look they were photoshop'd into it! kinda hard to explain. My only real complaint there is I dont get any sharpness from the folks in the picture, she seem muddy to me, which for such a gorgeous family is too bad.

all in all. beautiful family, great shots.

well done.

I suppose part of the "look" concerning the last one is that there isn't much of a difference in DOF between the family and the setting. I wanted to capture the clubhouse and the golfcourse as well. Possibly, (and I'll play around with it) I can add a bit of "lens" blur to gain a bit of difference from forefront to background. The setting was fairly perfect, used fill flash but also had to bring the subjects up in post.

Funny thing is, I need to print this (even if it's a smaller print) to see how that turns out and make adjustments accordingly. I'm not certain that "this" will be the shot they choose as I have others they might like more (different settings). Thank you for your honesty....its great having other eyes for a final product.

Adspace.....he is adorable! Thank you for the kind words.

Kombizz...Yea, the difference of laptop to desktop monitors....I looked at these on the laptop and thought "whoa...needs more pop". Thanks!
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    I love the last one. I would love to see that in a large print instead of a forum jpg. thumb.gif
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 15, 2007
    love the pics-

nicely done!-
  • t-revt-rev Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    Nice pics! We had our wedding at Interlachen in June. I was a little dissapointed we didn't get a chance to get some wedding pics out on the course, but it would have been hard with all the golfers out there. We took all of our outdoor pics towards the 18th green.