Options

Bridge on 2 monitors?

MitchMitch Registered Users Posts: 111 Major grins
edited October 15, 2007 in Finishing School
Not sure where I saw or heard it, but there was mention of dual monitor support for Bridge. I have been using dual monitors for Photoshop for sometime but have not figured out how to do the same with Bridge. When ever I drag a tab to the second monitor it just snaps back. Oh yea CS3.

Thanks for any help

Mitch

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    Mitch wrote:
    Not sure where I saw or heard it, but there was mention of dual monitor support for Bridge. I have been using dual monitors for Photoshop for sometime but have not figured out how to do the same with Bridge. When ever I drag a tab to the second monitor it just snaps back. Oh yea CS3.

Thanks for any help

Mitch

See the multiple monitor section of this posting. It sounds like it supports a few things, but isn't full support.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    Mitch wrote:
    When ever I drag a tab to the second monitor it just snaps back.

You can't drag a tab out of a Bridge window or between Bridge windows. The tabs only live in the window they're in.

Opening a second window is the key. You then move the second window to the other monitor, and then hide or show the tabs you want in each window. It's kinda clunky, but it works. You can open as many windows as you need. I sometimes have multiple windows open on a single monitor, or four windows open on two monitors, etc.

If you follow the posting jfriend linked to, you'll see that opening a New Synchronized Window is great for having thumbnails and metadata readouts on one monitor and a mega huge preview of the selected thumbnail on the second monitor.
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2007
    jfriend wrote:
    See the multiple monitor section of this posting. It sounds like it supports a few things, but isn't full support.

Jfriend,

Thanks that helped.
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2007
    colourbox wrote:
    You can't drag a tab out of a Bridge window or between Bridge windows. The tabs only live in the window they're in.

Opening a second window is the key. You then move the second window to the other monitor, and then hide or show the tabs you want in each window. It's kinda clunky, but it works. You can open as many windows as you need. I sometimes have multiple windows open on a single monitor, or four windows open on two monitors, etc.

If you follow the posting jfriend linked to, you'll see that opening a New Synchronized Window is great for having thumbnails and metadata readouts on one monitor and a mega huge preview of the selected thumbnail on the second monitor.

colourbox,

Thanks, Yes I see that now.