Options

Digital Photo Professional

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited October 18, 2007 in Finishing School
At the present time I am using the Digital Photo Professional which I installed when I purchased my Canon40D. Can anyone please recommend a download to purchase, that is fairly easy to use to adjust any photo that requires attention. I have Picasso installed but that is quite limited.
Kind Regards
Bob

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    DPP is excellent.

So too is Photoshop Elements.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2007
    wxwax wrote:
    DPP is excellent.

So too is Photoshop Elements.
    Thanks Sid, I will have a look at those.
    Regards
    Bob
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    Lightroom.

Lightroom is one of the few programs where it is well worth what I paid. It allows me to manage my photos and do 95% of the edits I do, plus RAW conversion. It is simple, not complex like Photoshop. Highly recommended
  • Options
    mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2007
    Bibble Lite will work with 40D images and is relatively easy to use. Has lots of plugins that can be added later on after you become comfortable with it.
  • Options
    SweeperSweeper Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited October 16, 2007
    Certainly a plug here for PSP .. Paint Shop Pro .

Not nearly the cost of it's main line rival and has all or more of the very same features. Version X2 now has "Photo Lab" which nicely covers most of the commonly used "fix" features. You can find it at www.corel.com and from there download a trial.

Been using it here since 1997 and have never looked back.

...Steve
    Tax Me !!
    I'm Canadian, eh.
  • Options
    DJTDJT Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2007
    Sweeper wrote:
    Certainly a plug here for PSP .. Paint Shop Pro .

Not nearly the cost of it's main line rival and has all or more of the very same features. Version X2 now has "Photo Lab" which nicely covers most of the commonly used "fix" features. You can find it at www.corel.com and from there download a trial.

Been using it here since 1997 and have never looked back.

...Steve

I too just purchased PSP X2, I've been using it for a long time; ver 7 or so. I like the photolab update to it as well. Using it long enough that I haven't taken the time to learn PhotoShop CS. I still go back to o' faithful PSP.
  • Options
    RockRock Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited October 18, 2007
    Another vote for Lightroom. I love the simplicity of it and at the same time it is powerful enough to do most everything I want. If all else fails I fall back to CS3.....
    Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On........

Christopher Kimball Photojournalism
  • Options
    edited October 19, 2007
    Rock wrote:
    Another vote for Lightroom. I love the simplicity of it and at the same time it is powerful enough to do most everything I want. If all else fails I fall back to CS3.....

Yes I certainly agree with you. I have looked at all the recommendations and I have found that Lightroom 1.2version suits me fine. Thanks for all your kind help.
    Bob