Promised. Julia & Julia (7 img)

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited October 17, 2007 in People
In fact these girls are friends! And attentive viewers guessed what I'm gonna post... :-)

5518.jpg
5519.jpg
5520.jpg
5524.jpg
5521.jpg
5522.jpg
5523.jpg

Friends will be friends...

Spasibo,
Yuri

Comments

• 1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 299 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2007
    These are wonderful! Julia & Julia have beautiful eyes, which you have showcased delightfully. #2 I especially like, with the out-of-focus eyes on the camera, and the infocus eyes casting back...

#3 you brought them both near the same plane and a nice tight crop -- maybe try a little more tilt to the crop (Julia on the right lower) for a more dynamic diagonal line between the four eyes, since the tight crop removes surroundings that would be distracting at a tilt, why not?

Very nice work & thank you as always for sharing!!
    My humble gallery...
    www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
    www.poolinaction.com
  • nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2007
    Great shots.

The skin tones complement each other very well in the B&Ws. :D Those are definitely my fav.

#6 doesn't float my boat, her nails are very distracting.

thanks for sharing!
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2007
    Hi Yuri, I won't sweet talk your photos (as much as we all like them) because I know what you are capable of. The girls are very attractive but your photographic execution is a mixed bag for me.

#1. Good composition but I do not think the b&w conversion works here. It seems a bit too harsh.
    #2. Totally lost on me. The girl in focus has no contact with the audience and the girl that does in washed out in the background
    #3. Good setup and poses but the conversion is too contrasty for portraits of this kind. This kind of post processing is usually used on people with plenty of facial features like wrinkles etc. (read old people)
    #4. This is quite neutral
    #5. Love the pose and colours but it's too soft - totally on the opposite end of the black and white sharpess of #3 for example
    #6. This is individual portrait in this crop and I think inclusion of the girl facing backword is a negative thing. Either show more of her or don't include her at all.
    #7. Same as above but this is my favourite photo if you cropped the girl on the left out.
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2007
    I like number 2.
    Lots of interesting shots. Not your run of the mill stuff here..