Options

DHRA Texas Diesel Nationals

MT StringerMT Stringer Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
edited October 19, 2007 in Sports
My wife and I took the grandkids to Houston Raceway Park to watch the diesels get it on. Drag racing, burnout contest, sled pull and custom lawn mowers! The little guys had a blast with the peanuts and cotton candy.

If you want to see more, click on the link...93 pics in all.

www.mtstringer.smugmug.com

Mike
Please visit my website: www.mtstringer.smugmug.com
My Portfolio
MaxPreps Profile

Canon EOS 1D MK III and 7d; Canon 100 f/2.0; Canon 17-40 f/4; Canon 24-70 f/2.8; Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS; Canon 300 f/2.8L IS; Canon 1.4x and Sigma 2x; Sigma EF 500 DG Super and Canon 580 EX II.

Comments

• Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2007
    I took a look at your images and hope you don't mind some constructive criticism. First off there was too much depth of field in most shots. This meant the main subject, the trucks and cars, did not visually pop out of the picture. Second, too often that truck or car was partially cropped out of frame.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    MT StringerMT Stringer Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2007
    Thanks for the CC. I'll try to remember what you said and try harder next time. There should be a Super Chevy show and a Mopar Nationals and maybe a Ford meet also next year. Then in the spring, the O'Reilly Spring Nationals will be in town. I sure wish I could get a media pass!

This was the first time to photgraph the drag races since 1970. It was a chore trying to keep up with trucks. But it was fun and I got a couple that look pretty good. After all, I just wanted a few good ones, just like the old film days...one shot per roll was good enough for me.

Mike
    mercphoto wrote:
    I took a look at your images and hope you don't mind some constructive criticism. First off there was too much depth of field in most shots. This meant the main subject, the trucks and cars, did not visually pop out of the picture. Second, too often that truck or car was partially cropped out of frame.
    Please visit my website: www.mtstringer.smugmug.com
    My Portfolio
    MaxPreps Profile

Canon EOS 1D MK III and 7d; Canon 100 f/2.0; Canon 17-40 f/4; Canon 24-70 f/2.8; Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS; Canon 300 f/2.8L IS; Canon 1.4x and Sigma 2x; Sigma EF 500 DG Super and Canon 580 EX II.