See who's viewed my gallery via email sent (Feature Request)

funnibunnifunnibunni Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited October 17, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hello all, greetings from New Orleans!

I used to belong to imagestation, and I loved that when i sent a link via email to a gallery, I could see who actually viewed the pictures. not by the numbers, like smugmug does, but by the actual email of the person. This is a big deal to me, and would like to know if this is something smug mug will ever do. It's not that much coding involved to program a site to do this.

I just joined smugmug, and unfortunately didn't realize till after I joined last week that the site doesn't do this. I like knowing who's interested in my photos, from a marketing and business standpoint especially.

This is my first post. I saw the feature request link up top, and wasn't sure where to post this. Hopefully I did this right.

Mardi Gras Hugs to all! ;)

Would you like to be able to view who has viewed your gallery via the email you sent? 6 votes

Yes
66%
PhotoPsychLuc De Jaegertonsofpicsnet1994 4 votes
No
33%
Allenscwalter 2 votes

Comments

• BenBen Vanilla Admin Posts: 513 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 16, 2007
    funnibunni wrote:
    Hello all, greetings from New Orleans!

I used to belong to imagestation, and I loved that when i sent a link via email to a gallery, I could see who actually viewed the pictures. not by the numbers, like smugmug does, but by the actual email of the person. This is a big deal to me, and would like to know if this is something smug mug will ever do. It's not that much coding involved to program a site to do this.

I just joined smugmug, and unfortunately didn't realize till after I joined last week that the site doesn't do this. I like knowing who's interested in my photos, from a marketing and business standpoint especially.

This is my first post. I saw the feature request link up top, and wasn't sure where to post this. Hopefully I did this right.

Mardi Gras Hugs to all! ;)

If you click on the title of the email on the invitations page (in your control panel), you can see the exact email you sent and exactly who has read it and clicked on it. Is that what you are looking for?
    Smug since 2003
  • AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2007
    Ben wrote:
    If you click on the title of the email on the invitations page (in your control panel), you can see the exact email you sent and exactly who has read it and clicked on it. Is that what you are looking for?

Sounds like he doesn't want to know just that 2 out of 4 people clicked... but that THIS customer clicked through and THIS OTHER customer did not? headscratch.gif

-Anne

EDITED TO ADD: Doh! I spaced this... we have this feature. Follow Ben's instructions and you'll see a break-down of exactly who clicked for each email. Sorry about that.:D
  • BenBen Vanilla Admin Posts: 513 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 16, 2007
    AnneMcBean wrote:
    Sounds like he doesn't want to know just that 2 out of 4 people clicked... but that THIS customer clicked through and THIS OTHER customer did not? headscratch.gif

-Anne

(quoted for posterity's sake)

you mean.... like we already do? ne_nau.gif

209183071-M-1.png

rolleyes1.gif
    Smug since 2003
  • funnibunnifunnibunni Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited October 16, 2007
    WOW!!

Thank you sooooo much! I received the email below from customer service stating smugmug didn't do that. I am sooo relieved, but his answer has wasted a lot of my time in trying to find other solutions. That is such a huge factor for me.

Ya'lls newbie patience and help is greatly appreciated.

>>>>>>>copy>>>>>>>>>>

Hello XXXXX,

Thanks for emailing SmugMug.

I'm sorry, but we don't have the feature to show who exactly clicked on your invitations. If you click on the numbers you mentioned, you can see how many times one email invitation was used, but if you sent it to multiple recipients, it won't show you who clicked on it.

All the best,
    Dustin

XXXXX wrote:
    > Hi, one thing I liked about imagestation was I could see if someone
    > clicked the emailed link to my photo gallery….specific to their email.
    > I see you show numbers, 20 sent, 13 viewed, etc….but where’s the part
    > where I can see who the 13 were that viewed?
    >
    >
    >
    > Any info is greatly appreciated.
    >
    >
    >
    > Warmest Regards,
    >
    > XXXXX
    >
  • ThandoThando Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2007
    Sorry about that, Funnibunni. I hope that my mistake hasn't soured you to emailing help. Even with me as a handicap, we're still the best around. Give me a second chance.
  • AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2007
    Thando wrote:
    Sorry about that, Funnibunni. I hope that my mistake hasn't soured you to emailing help. Even with me as a handicap, we're still the best around. Give me a second chance.

rolleyes1.gif

Such a good sport, Dustin!

-Anne
  • funnibunnifunnibunni Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited October 17, 2007
    Awwww, now who could stay sour after that comment.

iloveyou.gif