Used vs. New Nikon?

Red JRed J Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited October 17, 2007 in Cameras
I am soon going to be in the market for an SLR and prefer Nikon.

I had a D80 previously, and wouldn't mind another. I also like the D200, ergos are better for me. I would love to buy a D300, and may yet depending on my schedule, but for now let's assume I've got a grand to play with.

I have seen a few D200s with ~20k on the shutter for the same price as a new D80. Body is in very good to mint condition.

Assuming the D200 is what I want, is there a reason to not buy one with 20k actuations?

TIA.

J.

Comments

• SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2007
    Nope... I know of no reason not to go fur-it. I just got one w/~10.8k on it, the MB-D200 base, 3 batts and all that came in the box for just over $1200 from a camera club member in my town. I would suggest you make sure that everything comes with. Boxes, manuals, ect... And ask the seller to send you an original image (no PP & stopped down is preferred) to check for dead pixels, dust-bunnies and shutter count.

So, you may find that saving a couple hundred dollars more is needed for the one you want. I've seen them hovering around $1100-1250 used. But, good luck... thumb.gif
  • InukshukInukshuk Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 17, 2007
    I'd grab a used D200 especially since it's price is going to get lower and lower approaching the D300 release. You ca't go wrong with it. You'll notice a huge difference compared to your D80. Unless you want to wait and dish out for it's replacement.