Color?

RockportersRockporters Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
edited October 17, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Spent part of yesterday playing around with light, and getting to know the new camera better. The concept for this photo started as 'monochrome', but the rose colored glass wasn't strong enough to pull it off.

Do you think the color, as it is, could sway it to 'color'? I'm guessing most will say no, but thought I'd get opinions. All I've done so far is to crop it in Photoshop, but maybe I could play with the hue/saturation. Or maybe I'm just 'wishful thinking' since I kind of like it :D. There's still a lot of time left, maybe inspiration will strike!

...by the seashore
209471649-O.JPG
Beth

Nikon D300
Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8
Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6
Nikon 50mm f/1.8D

[SIZE=-3]Mary Beth Glasmann Photography[/SIZE]

Comments

• HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2007
    The image isn't pulling through. If it's a Smugmug site, go set your gallery to allow external links...
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • RockportersRockporters Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2007
    HoofClix wrote:
    The image isn't pulling through. If it's a Smugmug site, go set your gallery to allow external links...

Whoops! Should be visible now.
    Beth

Nikon D300
    Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8
    Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8D

• peterst6906peterst6906 Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2007
    Whoops! Should be visible now.

Not yet as far as I can see.

Regards,

Peter
    It's not my camera's fault, I'm just visually illiterate
    edited October 17, 2007
    Not yet as far as I can see.

Regards,

Peter
    Hmmm, I have it set to external links, and I can see it when logged out now. I had to refresh the thread to see it after changing the settings, maybe you will need to do the same? I'll recheck the settings, too, and make sure the other selections are correct.
    Beth

Nikon D300
    Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8
    Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8D

• TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2007
    I can't see it either Beth. :cry But in my minds eye, it is a lovely image. :D
    edited October 17, 2007
    Travis wrote:
    I can't see it either Beth. :cry But in my minds eye, it is a lovely image. :D
    rolleyes1.gif

Amusingly enough, I rarely have a problem posting photos. Maybe this is a sign nod.gif.

Let's try this again... I've edited and relinked in the original post.
    Beth

Nikon D300
    Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8
    Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8D

• peterst6906peterst6906 Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2007
    rolleyes1.gif

Amusingly enough, I rarely have a problem posting photos. Maybe this is a sign nod.gif.

Let's try this again... I've edited and relinked in the original post.

Yep, I can see it now.

Had to look twice to figure it out exactly, which I think is due to the reflection off the glass.

In relation to your original question, I think it's one that could almost go either way. I don't know that it's colorful enough to trully be in that theme and at the same time, I'm not totally sure is fits monochrome either, though I'd say it's closer to that end.

I hope that helps.

On another note, if you make it your entry, you might want to remove the border (it's in the rules).

Regards,

Peter
    It's not my camera's fault, I'm just visually illiterate
    edited October 17, 2007
    Yep, I can see it now.

Had to look twice to figure it out exactly, which I think is due to the reflection off the glass.

In relation to your original question, I think it's one that could almost go either way. I don't know that it's colorful enough to trully be in that theme and at the same time, I'm not totally sure is fits monochrome either, though I'd say it's closer to that end.

I hope that helps.

On another note, if you make it your entry, you might want to remove the border (it's in the rules).

Regards,

Peter
    clap.gif

Thanks for the feedback Peter, it is very helpful.

The glass has a slight pearlescent tone, coupled with light hitting from behind, and underneath, makes for a lot going on in the photo. Maybe too much? The image quality might just not be there in general, and no one should hesitate to speak up and say, that's why it's so great to get feedback! After spending a certain amount of time on any project I definitely lose objectivity sometimes.

Thanks for the tip on the border, I do have a larger version without if I decide to enter this.
    Beth

Nikon D300
    Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8
    Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8D