Options

Photoshop Pros Needed...

Stella BellaStella Bella Registered Users Posts: 104 Big grins
edited October 18, 2007 in Finishing School
I have two pictures that I'm hoping some of you can help me with. I took this pictures earlier this year. They are taken in front of a very bright window and therefore the subjects are underexposed.

The story behind this...these are pictures of my father-in-law and his first granddaughter....my daughter. We just learned in the last month that he has terminal renal cancer and may not be with us very long. These are the best pictures that I have of the two of them and would like some help. I have worked on these pictures in CS2 and they are "ok". I would like to be able to give him this photo and also include one in his casket when the time comes. He is such a wonderful grandfather and just loves Stella to pieces.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Any editing you think would make the picture better is welcome.

Here are the pictures. I'm not exactly sure what to post here (i.e. original size photo or large-so if you need something else please let me know)

209644427-M.jpg

209644240-M.jpg

here are the links to the original pics...

http://katherinelynn.smugmug.com/gallery/3536017#209644240-O-LB
http://katherinelynn.smugmug.com/gallery/3536017#209644427-O-LB

Comments

• Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2007
    These are very nice images. Here's my attempt at them, I'm sure one of the photoshop gurus here will do a better job but I tried. Click on the image for the original size.

209671867-L.jpg

209671798-L.jpg
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2007
    I have two pictures that I'm hoping some of you can help me with. I took this pictures earlier this year. They are taken in front of a very bright window and therefore the subjects are underexposed.

The story behind this...these are pictures of my father-in-law and his first granddaughter....my daughter. We just learned in the last month that he has terminal renal cancer and may not be with us very long. These are the best pictures that I have of the two of them and would like some help. I have worked on these pictures in CS2 and they are "ok". I would like to be able to give him this photo and also include one in his casket when the time comes. He is such a wonderful grandfather and just loves Stella to pieces.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Any editing you think would make the picture better is welcome.

Here are the pictures. I'm not exactly sure what to post here (i.e. original size photo or large-so if you need something else please let me know)

Those are great pictures. What is it about them that you want changed or enhanced?

(Personally I'd bring the skin tones out of the shadows and if the window behind them blows out, so be it.)
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2007
    Shadow/Highlight slider work
    Here's what I'm talking about. Done in PSP X2 at work, but can do the same in Photoshop using the Shadow/highlight tool (PS CS or greater).

209769997-M.jpg

209769984-M.jpg