Options

Ghost Car

ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
edited March 5, 2005 in Holy Macro
The "dc sky" thread made me wanna go night shooting......

16912835-L.jpg

16912836-L.jpg
"There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg

Comments

• Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2005
    Very Cool. Love the first one.
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2005
    veryy good
    the first one I do not like these on the hole but that one first look thumb.gif I really like it Jeff
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    GerryDavidGerryDavid Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2005
    Very interesting. :0)

You may want to remove those few white spots on the picture.

did you try abunch of exposures to see what worked or did you meter off of something?

I suppose all you need is an aperature, and leave the shutter open, if your in a dark enough area.
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2005
    1st one is great thumb.gif
  • Options
    ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2005
    GerryDavid wrote:
    Very interesting. :0)

You may want to remove those few white spots on the picture.

did you try abunch of exposures to see what worked or did you meter off of something?

I suppose all you need is an aperature, and leave the shutter open, if your in a dark enough area.
    Well, yes and no. The aperture did controll how much light hit the exposure, as far as not blowing anything out. The shutter was maybe 4 or 5 seconds, and it was luckily timed more to make the care "dissapear" at the end of the frame. Where the brakelights end is where the shutter closed. I didn't meter anything or try any multiple shots, I was actually shooting the other way, towards town, and I heard a car coming and whirled the tripod around. It was alot of luck!! Manual mode, total guesses on aperture and shutter. (i think it was f4, i'm using a non cpu lens, so I have no idea later.....:cry)

And yes, I want to clone out some of those stones in the forground, and that light in the trees. I didn't care to at midnight last night......:snore
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • Options
    gtcgtc Registered Users Posts: 916 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2005
    me too!
    my first real experience of road side night photography so far...

except i was driven off by suspicious hill people before i really got what i wanted

night photography arouses a lot of anxious curiosity.

also some of the better spots to shoot can be right on the apex of dangerous corners, near scarred trees and twisted armco barriers..
    Latitude: 37° 52'South
    Longitude: 145° 08'East

Canon 20d,EFS-60mm Macro,Canon 85mm/1.8. Pentax Spotmatic SP,Pentax Super Takumars 50/1.4 &135/3.5,Pentax Super-Multi-Coated Takumars 200/4 ,300/4,400/5.6,Sigma 600/8.