Canon Rebates Released

boulderNardoboulderNardo Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
edited October 18, 2007 in Cameras
http://www.photoprice.ca/us-rebates/

B&H seems to already have updated their prices to reflect the rebates...
Not so hot this year, huh?
Canon 1D MkII, Canon 17-40 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 50 f/1.4, Canon 100 f/2
Bogen 055XPROB
Elinchrom Ranger RX Speed AS, FreeLite A, Skyports, 3x Vivitar 285HV

Comments

• kisikisi Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited October 18, 2007
    thanks for the heads up! yea, unfortunately that discount doesn't even cover the tax in nyc... (not that i would buy it here if i could help it... but it's the principle!)
    Kimberly Salem Photography
    food, portraits and weddings :D
  • FoocharFoochar Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2007
    The positive to this round of rebates is first of all that the exist at all. Despite the fact that a lot of people seem to feel that Canon is somehow obligated to offer the rebates every year, when you consider that in the last for months the dollar has declined almost 6% against the yen (keeping in mind that Canon is essentially a Japanese company) we should be happy to get any rebate. If lens prices were tied more tightly to the exchange rate a lens that cost $1000 in June should cost about $1060 now. When you look at the rebates in that light, a lens such as the EFS 17-55 f/2.8 IS is really selling at a $130 discount, when you figure in the $70 rebate plus the change in exchange rates.

The "silver lining" to this round of rebates is that they are in the form of "Instant Savings" not a traditional mail-in rebate. No paperwork to fill out, no UPCs to cut out, no waiting on a rebate check, no having your rebate declined because you didn't turn around 3 times counter clockwise before sending in the paperwork etc.
    --Travis
  • timnosenzotimnosenzo Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2007
    Foochar wrote:
    The "silver lining" to this round of rebates is that they are in the form of "Instant Savings" not a traditional mail-in rebate. No paperwork to fill out, no UPCs to cut out, no waiting on a rebate check, no having your rebate declined because you didn't turn around 3 times counter clockwise before sending in the paperwork etc.
    rolleyes1.gif I hate when I forget to do that! It's true though, last year I bought my 5D during the October double rebate, and got an AWESOME deal on it... but I had to wait months to get my $700 check in the mail after they delayed it for no reason. I mean, thats a lot of money to gamble.

When it comes to discounts, something is better than nothing! Especially considering that its for stuff you probably would have bought anyway... and if you weren't going to buy it, do you really need it? mwink.gif
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2007
    I hope they last for while. I want some of the stuff on that list.
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • timnosenzotimnosenzo Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2007
    Looks like you have until January 13th :)
  • Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2007
    No rebate on the BIG WHITE GUNS....imagine that. mwink.gif
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com