Options

PSCS: Layers/Masks? I don't bloody know!

Head in the CloudsHead in the Clouds Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
edited March 5, 2005 in Technique
Hi All,

I really want to learn more about layers and masks, but I am sinking! I want to make the majority of this photo black and white and just have the flower as colour.

Does anyone know of a 'for dummies' guide to doing this? Like absolutely step by step, click this button, go here.... type of guide?

Any help gratefully appreciated :)

Canon EOS 30D
Sigma 10-20
Canon 75-300 f4-5.6
Canon 18-55
Canon 50 f1.8
Canon 430EX

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2005
    Kate i can do it but i have quite a complex list that i follow & i doubt i could pass it on to you without frustrating you no end.

Someone burning the midnight oil in here should be able to show you the short quick version that i would love to know also.

Me using P/Shop is a bit like watching a Gorilla with a piano.

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2005
    AussieKate wrote:
    Hi All,

I really want to learn more about layers and masks, but I am sinking! I want to make the majority of this photo black and white and just have the flower as colour.

Does anyone know of a 'for dummies' guide to doing this? Like absolutely step by step, click this button, go here.... type of guide?

Any help gratefully appreciated :)

searching tutorial got me this it's actually two tutes in one, will show you the selective color thing and also my tri-x look. this tute will show you about layer masks, and this tute is specifically about selective color in b&w.

they're all in the hall of wisdom deal.gif