Maternity/Newborn Session

Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
edited October 19, 2007 in People
I just realized as I was about to post these newborn shots I never posted any from their maternity session so here are a few from both sessions =)

191199331-L-2.jpg

191199301-L-2.jpg

191199362-L-2.jpg

191199381-L-2.jpg

And here is the baby =)

209976991-L-1.jpg

209984591-L-1.jpg

209977166-L-1.jpg

209977382-L-1.jpg
Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
BLOG

Comments

• ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2007
    What a sweet baby! And a beautiful family! I love the first shot of the couple and all the baby shots are cute! I love his little alert face! Very nice set! clap.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • 12201220 Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited October 19, 2007
    well done!

I dont know why, and shame on me, but the hands on the belly shot has gotten so old and overdone, it simply doesnt capture my attention. At least not in the posed, "traditional" way.

"Hey heres my wife that I impreganted, let me stand behind her and hold the belly!" :puke

ok, that was mean, but Im not done with my coffee yet.

I guess, I would just like to see something more candid in this concept.... maybe something in the kitchen or living room.... low light, watching TV, maybe with the woman laying on hubbys lap and him just holding her around the belly, her eyes closed, TV light type glow as the lighting. I dont know. maybe even hubby laying on wifes lap near the baby, both peacefully resting.

Anyway, I've whined enough.

3 is awesome. pregnant AND sexy. well done.

5 is simply priceless.

nice work.
    Disclaimer: Just because I have an opinion, that doesnt mean I'm right.
  • stirfrystirfry Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2007
    1220 wrote:

I dont know why, and shame on me, but the hands on the belly shot has gotten so old and overdone, it simply doesnt capture my attention. At least not in the posed, "traditional" way.

I know what you mean - from the perspective of a photographer, or even just that of Dear Viewer, it IS an overdone BTDT shot and the souvenir tee-shirt shot. But! and perhaps more importantly, from the perspective of prospective parent (holy alliteration, Batman) it's all fresh and new ... and even a very natural and instinctual position to assume both in front of and away from the camera.

I like the idea of more candids thumb.gif a different 'feel' to standard poses.

Stephanie your pictures are always crystal clear, and your B&W conversions just perfect. What an attractive couple, and adorable baby. I really like the final family picture ... the feeling you've captured in this family, from Proud Papa to New Mama is wonderful!
  • Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2007
    Thanks all =)

I totally agree....except when the family wants it then I just do that way..kwim (but of course I do a lot of my own thing too). I did take a lot of personal photos but I wasn't sure they would want me to post them here. So I just posted the basics..lol.
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG