TriState Camera?

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited October 20, 2007 in Cameras
Did anybody have any business with TriState Camera? Are they reliable?
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited October 19, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:

Reseller ratings gives them a 4/10 over the past six months. There are an awfully lot of disatisfield campers here.
    http://www.resellerratings.com/store/TriState_Camera_Video_and_Computers

Just curious, but what do they have that the usual suspects, B&H, Adorama, Amazon don't have?

Cheers,
    -joel
  • DougNorCalDougNorCal Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited October 19, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    I'm pretty sure that I've purchased a P&S from them in the past or something. I can't guarantee that, but pretty sure.

Haven't had any issues with any of my purchases, from any mail order places, except for a couple outfits last month that said they had the Sigma 120-300 in stock, when they call/I called to confirm the order I learned they wanted to sell me more stuff and it wasn't in stock after all. Cancelled three orders, but can't remember the places, but can look them up, if needed.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2007
    kdog wrote:
    Reseller ratings gives them a 4/10 over the past six months. There are an awfully lot of disatisfield campers here.
    http://www.resellerratings.com/store/TriState_Camera_Video_and_Computers

Just curious, but what do they have that the usual suspects, B&H, Adorama, Amazon don't have?

Cheers,
    -joel

Ouch... I was afraid of that..
    It was just their pricing was about 10..15% lower than B&H/Adorama for the item I was looking for, and at ~$500 ballpark it's kinda an amount worth considering. But at this rate I guess it's really not worth it..
    Thanks, Joel! thumb.gif
    edited October 19, 2007
    DougNorCal wrote:
    I'm pretty sure that I've purchased a P&S from them in the past or something. I can't guarantee that, but pretty sure.

Haven't had any issues with any of my purchases, from any mail order places, except for a couple outfits last month that said they had the Sigma 120-300 in stock, when they call/I called to confirm the order I learned they wanted to sell me more stuff and it wasn't in stock after all. Cancelled three orders, but can't remember the places, but can look them up, if needed.
    Thanks, Doug! thumb.gif
    I see... Well, that's more than enough info for me to NOT ever deal with them. deal.gif
  • lowbonelowbone Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited October 20, 2007
    I purchased a couple of lenses from them about a year ago. I was told they were in stock but they really were not. After about a month and a half and a lot of nasty phone calls I got my stuff. Very unpleasant. In addition every time you buy a lens they try to strongarm you into buying some substandard overpriced filters. I would definitely stay away from that place.
    edited October 20, 2007
    lowbone wrote:
    I purchased a couple of lenses from them about a year ago. I was told they were in stock but they really were not. After about a month and a half and a lot of nasty phone calls I got my stuff. Very unpleasant. In addition every time you buy a lens they try to strongarm you into buying some substandard overpriced filters. I would definitely stay away from that place.

Thanks, LB! I'm so glad I did! thumb.gif