Some more images from Phillip Island

KennyKenny Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
edited October 20, 2007 in Sports
Here's a few images I managed to grab... hope you enjoy them :)

One of the locals...
FOS-20071010-0038.jpg

The new World Champion...
FOS-20071012-0253.jpg

The retiring World Champion...
FOS-20071012-0319.jpg

Chaz gets wet...
FOS-20071012-0354.jpg

Raining on Stoner's parade...
FOS-20071012-0358.jpg

Lining up for Casey Stoner's autograph...
FOS-20071013-0113.jpg

Some of the crowd watching the race...
FOS-20071013-0155.jpg

Cheers,
Ken

Comments

• MikeMcA²MikeMcA² Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2007
    Great work. Man, what I'd give to have track access like that at MotoGP today with the equipment I can now afford. Back when I followed the circuit in Europe, the only place we minions could get close for shots like these was the Salzburgring.

Thanks for making me salivate lol. clap.gif
  • KennyKenny Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2007
    MikeMcA² wrote:
    Great work. Man, what I'd give to have track access like that at MotoGP today with the equipment I can now afford. Back when I followed the circuit in Europe, the only place we minions could get close for shots like these was the Salzburgring.

Thanks for making me salivate lol. clap.gif

My pleasure! :D Glad you liked the images. Phillip Island would have to be one of the best tracks around for viewing access from the outside of the fence... Some of the angles don't work that well, but you're close enough to smell the exhaust fumes! :ivar

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,
    Ken
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited October 20, 2007
    Seeya Nicky!

Looks like you had a great time at the track. I like the second two shots.
    It really shows how far over each rider goes to carry speed through the turn.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
    edited October 20, 2007
    ian408 wrote:
    Seeya Nicky!

Looks like you had a great time at the track. I like the second two shots.
    It really shows how far over each rider goes to carry speed through the turn.

Thanks Ian,

Yeah they certainly get over don't they? I have one of John "Hopper" Hopkins and he's nearly scraping his elbow... man does he get over!!

Thanks for looking.

Ken
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2007
    G'day ken. You have some great photos there. I was so pleased for Stoner to win it. His pay check for next year is rumoured between 10-20 mill. Good to see it didnt get rained on heavily like other years for all the campers.

I have not been since the last Sydney race so i think i need to get down there for a race.
    edited October 20, 2007
    gus wrote:
    G'day ken. You have some great photos there. I was so pleased for Stoner to win it. His pay check for next year is rumoured between 10-20 mill. Good to see it didnt get rained on heavily like other years for all the campers.

I have not been since the last Sydney race so i think i need to get down there for a race.

Thanks Gus. It's good to see another Aussie doing well... it's been a while! Not a bad pay cheque (check) for a 22 year old hey? Good luck to him I say.

I never got to a race when it was at Eastern Creek, but yes, you need to come down for a meeting... great weekends. The World SBK is a more relaxed atmosphere (Feb next year)... you can take your m/bikes into the circuit and use them for transport around the outside of the track. Makes light work of the 4.54 km track when you want to move from Southern Loop to Lukey Heights! mwink.gif

Thanks again.

Cheers,
    Ken