Options

Got My SmugMug Strap Thread

Comments

• Options
    Luke J. PhotographyLuke J. Photography Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2008
  • Options
    kenyahudsonkenyahudson Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited December 27, 2008
    A note that I also received my smugmug strap about a week and a half ago.
    Photos: http://www.kenyahudson.com
    Profiles: Lightstalkers | Sportsshooter
    Gear:
    Canon 40D | Canon 350D | Tokina 17/3.5 | Sigma 30mm/1.4 | EF 50mm/1.4 | EF 85mm/1.8 | EF 200mm/2.8L II | EF 300mm/4.0L | Canonet QL 17 GIII | Yashica 635 | Elinchrom Skyport Transmitter & Triggers | Canon 430EX | Nikon SB-24 (x2) | Bogen 3208 Tripod
  • Options
    KCBearcatKCBearcat Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2008
    I wouldn't be so anxious about getting it if I wasn't leaving for Florida in 5 days... be gone for about a month and a half and I'd like to be able to use it...

I don't know... should I put the request in again?
    Alan H.
    http://www.fountaincityphotography.com
    Camera Gear: Canon 400D (XTi), 18-55 f/3.5-5.6, 75-300 f/4.0-5.6, 70-200 f/4 L, 50 f/1.8 II
  • Options
    canonrtcanonrt Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited December 28, 2008
    I got mine last week, but the holidays/job kept me busy!

Thanx so much, it looks great on my 50D & man is it comfortable!

I love you guys!

P.S. Where are my stickers?............John
  • Options
    Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2008
    Could You guys send me two for my two cameras ?ne_nau.gif
    Am I over-asking ?ne_nau.gif

If so, I will be glad to get one.y
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,417 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2008
    canonrt wrote:
    P.S. Where are my stickers?............John
    Patience, Grasshopper...I received some SM stickers in the mail today (Thanks, Guys!) I had all but forgotten about requesting them when I requested the strap, and I received my strap in October 2007 - more than a year ago!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2008
    Could You guys send me two for my two cameras ?ne_nau.gif
    Am I over-asking ?ne_nau.gif

If so, I will be glad to get one.y
    http://www.smugmug.com/free-stuff.mg
  • Options
    Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2008
    Andy wrote:

Done twice. Yesterday.clap.gif
    thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifHealth on 2009 thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • Options
    IkabodIkabod Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited December 30, 2008
    Got my Smugmug Strap
    I got my Smugmug Strap the day after Christmas. What a great finish to Christmas.

Thanks to everyone at Smugmug, you guys ROCK!

Ikabod
  • Options
    XyrosXyros Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited December 30, 2008
    I requested 2 straps, but I think I entered the wrong username with one. It should be Xyros, instead of my usal username Phoxx. Thank you verry much for offering this great service! My father and I will be verry happy when they get here :D. If there is anything to repay you just say it!
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2008
    Xyros wrote:
    I requested 2 straps, but I think I entered the wrong username with one. It should be Xyros, instead of my usal username Phoxx. Thank you verry much for offering this great service! My father and I will be verry happy when they get here :D. If there is anything to repay you just say it!
    Hi Xyros,

The address associated with the Phoxx account is a few minutes away from where I work. I have some extra straps here, and can drop some off if you like thumb.gif
  • Options
    BvZBvZ Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited December 30, 2008
    I recieved my strap today, thanks alot!
  • Options
    Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2009
    I was wondering what people meant by smugmug straps... and then I came across this, and I was like... :jawdrop "I is gettin' me one a dem" I never knew about them and I've been a smugmug user for well 1 day over a month :) I guess I got my free trial on the first of dec. can't wait to get mine. how long do you think it will take to make it over to wisconsin?
    Jer
  • Options
    ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2009
    Ok, so first there was the 133x card deal and now this... I'm going to have a heart attack! I love SmugMug! iloveyou.gif You guys have seriously made my New Year.
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User
  • Options
    cmarcmar Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited January 5, 2009
    Thanks for the Strap
    I received my strap over the holidays. One of my favorite Christmas gifts. Thanks. I love SmugMug.

448653425_kGrMS-M.jpg
  • Options
    AAABluestockingAAABluestocking Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2009
    Got my strap!

It was so nice over the holidays to go to my SmugMug site and just start a slide show to show family & friends my photography. ^5

-Nancy
    My SmugMug Galleries
    Learn the various techniques to make all things possible and then choose deliberately which you actually want-rutt
  • Options
    ScottoScotto Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    Still no strap for me :cry
    My SmugMug | Follow me on Twitter | iChat: ScottMacUser
  • Options
    pmbpropmbpro Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    After 6 months, I received mine in the mail late last week. Thank you SmugMug!

Now, waiting for the stickers... :D

pmb images
    Film/TV Stills Photography
    "When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt." ~ Henry J. Kaiser
  • Options
    Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2009
    Well, I suppose no one will ever read this, but I got my strap... and it's awesome! I wasn't even going to get one, because I figured that it must be worthless if it's free, but it beats the hell out of the nikon strap that came with my camera. Soft comfy neoprene... maybe I'll actually use the strap now, instead of wondering why I don't just take it off! Thanks!
  • Options
    Candid ArtsCandid Arts Registered Users Posts: 1,685 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2009
    I got mine awhile ago and freaking love it. It makes my camera feel so much lighter when hanging around my neck and the grip on the inside is awesome!

One question. I have two bodies (1 film and 1 digital), am I allowed to get 2 straps (1 for each)?

Also...I just submitted my request for my second one, then thought I would ask, but my room mate who is also a smugmug user and on dgrin wants one as well and is going to submit a request for one as well. Figured it would be good to just ship both at the same time (save on some shipping) since it would be coming to the same address. Her user name is piercing perceptions. Soo...a reply on this would be great! Thanks!
  • Options
    edited January 14, 2009
    Any input on the shipping for my strap? I would really like to have it asap, cause my strap is driving me crazy. I almost bought one like the smug mug strap the other day, but I held off cause I know mine is coming eventually. but then I thought... people say its taken them 6 months to get theirs... I might as well get one and then have two when it comes in.

So, I guess I'll ask, what shipping is used, and how long will it take to reach wisconsin? :D
    Jer
  • Options
    Candid ArtsCandid Arts Registered Users Posts: 1,685 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2009
    Any input on the shipping for my strap? I would really like to have it asap, cause my strap is driving me crazy. I almost bought one like the smug mug strap the other day, but I held off cause I know mine is coming eventually. but then I thought... people say its taken them 6 months to get theirs... I might as well get one and then have two when it comes in.

So, I guess I'll ask, what shipping is used, and how long will it take to reach wisconsin? :D

I got mine in like 2 weeks. Quite a bit quicker than I expected, and OH so worth the wait.
  • Options
    com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2009
    I got mine in like 2 weeks. Quite a bit quicker than I expected, and OH so worth the wait.

first one took ~3 or 4 weeks... 2nd one took a week. thumb.gif
  • Options
    MrChristopherMrChristopher Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited January 14, 2009
    I can't remember when I ordered mine but I'm pretty sure my address is different now. I hope I had it sent to my parents place.
    http://dexterfriedkin.smugmug.com/ - A work in progress. Hopefully someday it'll be filled with many great pictures instead of a couple of good ones.
  • Options
    baldmountainbaldmountain Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2009
    Mine arrived.

One comment. Because the joint between the web strapping and the neoprene is a bit squared off I find that the squared off bit will catch on table edges. I managed to drop my camera because of the joint catching on a countertop. :cry
    geoff
  • Options
    edited January 14, 2009
    I guess I requested it on jan 2nd so its coming up on 2 weeks in a couple days. So hopefully friday I'll get it? If not the next week.

The canon strap is killing my neck, especially when I sweat cause then it slides really easily on my neck and its annoying.
    Jer
  • Options
    Luke J. PhotographyLuke J. Photography Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2009
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2009
    I got mine a couple weeks ago. It took a few months to get to me, but it was worth the wait! Very nice strap!!!!!

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    toronto18toronto18 Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited January 16, 2009
    Still no strap for me yet.... but yay! I got some smug mug stickers in the mail.... I think I'll stick one on my tripod... :D

Thanks Smug Mug!

Hopefully this means my strap is coming soon...
  • Options
    NateWNateW Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2009
    Got my strap a while back, love it, put it on my Nikon FA.
    (Couldn't resist the semi-irony of putting a mostly digital related strap on a film body.)
    (Plus, to be honest, my mom's 25 year old idea of something interesting in a strap is not quite the same as my current idea of the same.... :D )

Very nice!
    Thanks!
    NateW

NTWPhotos.com
    Member, Livingston County Photographers Group (http://livcophotographers.com)

If responding to a picture I've posted: please, provide constructive criticism. Destructive criticism can go take a flying leap.
    If we don't know what could be improved or could have been done differently, we'll never know how to get better at what we're doing.