Sisters

Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
edited October 22, 2007 in People
210507146-L.jpg210509161-L-1.jpg
All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook

Comments

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2007
    What adorable little girls. I love their expressions.

Virginia

Email
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2007
    Flyinggina wrote:
    What adorable little girls. I love their expressions.

Virginia

:Dthumb.gif
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2007
    Antonio,

Love the photos. Really like the balancing of flash with ambient in the first.

And, even better, the expression of the sister in the first photo put a smile on my face!

Thank you so much for sharing!
  • macmacmacmac Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2007
    The eyes twinkle in the first and show up nicely in the second. Looks like there was great fun to go with the photography.
    Joe

www.joemcdowellphotography.com
    www.joemcdowellphotography.blogspot.com

Canon 30D, EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM, EF 28-135mm 3.5-5.6 IS USM, EF-S 10-20mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, EF 75-300mm 4-5.6 III USM
    edited October 21, 2007
    Scott and Mac
    I was going out of the World Series in Estoril, when I just met these two girls.

I said:
    Oh, how lovely these little girls are ... Can I make a photo of you ?
    They looked at their parents, and the mother said:
    Oh sure, go ahead.

I placed the 1.st girl where there was a convenient background. I shot her 10 pictures may be, while talking to her.
    I just jumped, making like a monkey and said:
    I am doing like a monkey.
    Which I actually don't. I did not tell her this.

For the second girl (the photo on the left) I shot her in a rather different place, but very near.
    I should have been more careful with the light, underexposing for the background as I had my friend holding the flash at my left on the first picture.

On the second one, (the one on the right) I did not use any flash but I should, in order to fill in the harsh shadows on our left.

When in these kind of situations I must be more calm and think light a thunder how and to do the better photo.

Next time.

Thank you for commenting ! :D
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2007
    Gosh, I'm surprised no one said this, but the first shot is a bit too magenta. And the second has a major blue cast to it.... rolleyes1.gif

Very cute! They are so adorable - you really captured their joy!
    edited October 21, 2007
    Gosh, I'm surprised no one said this, but the first shot is a bit too magenta. And the second has a major blue cast to it.... rolleyes1.gif

Thank for telling me your opinion on the photos.:D
    In my monitor they look OK or my eyes don't see those casts ... ne_nau.gif
    thumb.gif
    edited October 22, 2007

Think you're pretty funny don't you. Here we are, trying to provide useful feedback and you have to go and crack a joke. You know, there's just no accounting for some people's kids!ne_nau.gifmwink.gif

Wish I'd thought of that comment though!
    edited October 22, 2007
    Think you're pretty funny don't you. Here we are, trying to provide useful feedback and you have to go and crack a joke. You know, there's just no accounting for some people's kids!ne_nau.gifmwink.gif

Wish I'd thought of that comment though!
    Hi Scott,
    Don't take it that way. :D
    It's a joke. I myself have a lauzy character and return less nice comments sometimes.

I usually say to people:
    You are driving your car and you see the one in front of you, just turn right without making the signal.
    Then you protest. You say: People should be punnished for not making signals.

As you continue to drive, some miles, kilometers, further away you do exactly the same thing you have criticized.

Conclusion: That's life my friend and we are all Humans. And Humans fail.

I don't want to patronize you. Oh no. Not at all. :D

I read it as a joke and I gave the proper anwser.
    If there one laughing it is me all right ! ... rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif
    edited October 22, 2007
    Hi Scott,
    Don't take it that way. :D
    It's a joke. I myself have a lauzy character and return less nice comments sometimes.
    Yes, it was a joke. And, I was trying to add to it.

This is another case where trying to express humor in a forum just doesn't work. I was trying to add humor to humor and I, obviously, missed the mark.

I guess I should have used lots of these guys ---> rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    edited October 22, 2007
    Yes, it was a joke. And, I was trying to add to it.

This is another case where trying to express humor in a forum just doesn't work. I was trying to add humor to humor and I, obviously, missed the mark.

I guess I should have used lots of these guys ---> rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

I have experienced that one day when I anwsered someone that a lenshood is for aesthetical purposes only.rolleyes1.gif
    Humans ... mwink.gif