School pick-up

asawanasawan Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited October 21, 2007 in People
I'm just beginning to get into photography...my husband's been pushing me for years and finally succeeded last week. So I took his 5D and took some shots. All comments and critique would be greatly appreciated! -Armida

1648208057_94a7c85a71_b.jpg

Comments

• macmacmacmac Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2007
    The motion in your subjects feet is good. It gives the idea of motion. The people blurred in the back ground is nice. It give some depth. I think I would like the photo a little better if the subjects were just a little further into the picture. A lower camera level would add too...I think.
    Good picture! Keep shooting! Have fun thumb.gif
    Joe

www.joemcdowellphotography.com
    www.joemcdowellphotography.blogspot.com

Canon 30D, EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM, EF 28-135mm 3.5-5.6 IS USM, EF-S 10-20mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, EF 75-300mm 4-5.6 III USM
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2007
    Good subject, but i think it looks somewhat soft. Your most focus is on the parent's left shoulder. Good luck with your new hobby, it gets addicting really fast. Have fun! :D
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • asawanasawan Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited October 21, 2007
    ShepsMom wrote:
    Good subject, but i think it looks somewhat soft. Your most focus is on the parent's left shoulder. Good luck with your new hobby, it gets addicting really fast. Have fun! :D

I was walking while shooting, and it's the first time I do that, so I think I got nervous. With practice I hope I can get better. Any tips? ne_nau.gif
  • asawanasawan Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited October 21, 2007
    macmac wrote:
    The motion in your subjects feet is good. It gives the idea of motion. The people blurred in the back ground is nice. It give some depth. I think I would like the photo a little better if the subjects were just a little further into the picture. A lower camera level would add too...I think.
    Good picture! Keep shooting! Have fun thumb.gif

I see what you mean about a lower camera level, I wish I'd tried that! Good suggestion. :D