Problems Uploading pictures

bigfredtnbigfredtn Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited November 6, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I am having problems uploading pictures to my Smugmug site. Is anyone else having problems uplaoding to their smugmug site?
BigFredTN
Memphis area (Wish I were back in East TN)
Canon 30D
Canon Digital Rebel 300D(My 1st DSLR)
Canon G3 (a very good P&S)
Canon 85 1.8
Canon 18-55 kit lens
Sigma 70-200 2.8
Sigma 2x converter
Tamaron 28-75 2.8
Tamaron 17-50 2.8

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2007
    bigfredtn wrote:
    I am having problems uploading pictures to my Smugmug site. Is anyone else having problems uplaoding to their smugmug site?
    Hi, we'd like to help - please tell us what uploader, what exactly is happening, and don't leave anything out, okay? ear.gif
  • bigfredtnbigfredtn Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    I re-booted my computer, and everything started working again.
    BigFredTN
    Memphis area (Wish I were back in East TN)
    Canon 30D
    Canon Digital Rebel 300D(My 1st DSLR)
    Canon G3 (a very good P&S)
    Canon 85 1.8
    Canon 18-55 kit lens
    Sigma 70-200 2.8
    Sigma 2x converter
    Tamaron 28-75 2.8
    Tamaron 17-50 2.8
  • JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    I'm having trouble uploading too in that the java windows aren't appearing at all. I checked to make sure I have the most recent version of java and I do. When I use simple or the drag and drop, nothing appears in the upload window. headscratch.gif
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    JenW wrote:
    I'm having trouble uploading too in that the java windows aren't appearing at all. I checked to make sure I have the most recent version of java and I do. When I use simple or the drag and drop, nothing appears in the upload window. headscratch.gif
    Could you try clearing your Firefox cache? It might be that you're having an incomplete copy of the uploader. To clear your cache in Firefox on Windows, click on "Tools". Then select "Clear Private Data..." There will be a new window pop up. Make sure that the Cache check box is checked and click on the "Clear Private Data Now" button.

After that close and restart your Firefox and see if it works now. Also check that you hit the trust button that comes up. See 1. on this page for more details: http://www.smugmug.com/help/add-photos-problems.mg

If you still can't get it to work, I would suggest to remove any instance of java completely and install it fresh. You can do this by going to the Start button / control panel / add - remove programs. There you can safely remove any programs that start with Java. Then download and reinstall the latest java version from www.java.com again.

I hope this helps,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    Thanks Sebastian. :D
    You'd think I'd know by now that the magic fix is usually clearing the cache. rolleyes1.gif
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • ibcrewinibcrewin Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited November 6, 2007
    I am having problems with the drag and drop uploader. On a few different occasions I have tried uploading about 15+ shots in JPEG7. I get the status window on the top left and I leave it overnight.

I check which shots were uploaded the next day at work and there are always a bunch missing. Should I be using a different uploader if I want to up load more that 2 shots at a time?

headscratch.gif